Burt's Bees Shampoo

morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I was looking for an alternative to Coppola shampoo for my BKT hair. I picked up some Burt's Bees Super Shiny grapefruit shampoo, but noticied that one of the last ingredients listed is sodium chloride. I know some of you are using this with your BKT hair - is it because it is so low on the ingredient list that its okay? I am nervous now to try it.
3B dark brown shoulder length
Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in

Comments

• ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    It's always near the bottom in almost any hair product. I personally wouldn't use any product where it was an ingredient. I saw it in L'oreal Everpure, too, and I know of one person here who used it, then complained about her BKT only lasting a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Ghost Poster for replying. I guess I am going to return it and maybe try Pureology. I'm not crazy over the Coppola shampoo - are there any other choices out there?
  • AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    I was looking for an alternative to Coppola shampoo for my BKT hair. I picked up some Burt's Bees Super Shiny grapefruit shampoo, but noticied that one of the last ingredients listed is sodium chloride. I know some of you are using this with your BKT hair - is it because it is so low on the ingredient list that its okay? I am nervous now to try it.

This is to weird, the Super Shiny I get here does not list Sodium Chloride listed!! Isn't that strange?
    But never the less I changed to Burt Bees More Moisture. I also use a brand called Jason's that I get at my Organic store. No sulfates or Sodium.
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Hi, AD...glad to see you back! I read your blog...hope all is well.

morningstar, I worded that incorrectly...it's not near the bottom in *any* hair product. That makes it sound like it's in all hair products! What I'm struggling so desperately to say is that IF it *is* an ingredient in a hair product, then it's always near the bottom. I hope that makes sense. I'm so inarticulate sometimes...sorry for any confusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks girls for the info and clarification. I emailed Burt's Bees and they did confirm that it was in the super shiny shampoo and offered to send me a new product as a replacement. I like that type of customer service! I haven't decided on a new product yet, maybe I'll ask them about the Moisture one. I have seen Jason's at my health food store -so I can also check them out to see if they have the shampoo. Thanks again!
  • taryn1245taryn1245 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I was using L'oreal Everpure before and my bkt only lasted about a month and a half before I had to redo it. I feel so stupid, I should have read the label more carefully.

It would be great if we could have a sticky for products known to be ok with bk treatments. It would make it a lot easier to have one thread everyone can refer to. I'm also confused about styling products? Is it just the sulfates/ sodium in shampoo we have to worry about? And are there other forms of sodium besides sodium choride that we need to avoid?
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    taryn1245 wrote: »
    It would be great if we could have a sticky for products known to be ok with bk treatments. It would make it a lot easier to have one thread everyone can refer to. I'm also confused about styling products? Is it just the sulfates/ sodium in shampoo we have to worry about? And are there other forms of sodium besides sodium choride that we need to avoid?

I feel the same way on both points.

A sticky for treatment safe shampoos and conditioners would be great.

And I'm confused about products also. My scalp gets really dry and I usually use an oil spray on my scalp. I have no idea if it's treatment safe or not.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • charlascharlas Posts: 1Registered Users
    I was using L'oreal Everpure before but that start damaging my hairs and making them white, now im worried about wat to do with my hairs as i remain all time buys in my studies and got no time for managing my hairs any easy solution if some one can suggest.
    ccna
    Found a link with a mini list of Sulfate Free and Sodium Free shampoos HERE

Here is so far part of the list:
    Mini List of SLS-Free Shampoos
    ABBA-'True Curls' 10oz : $11.25
    ALFA PARF-'Splendore-Hydrate' 9oz:$15.49
    ALTERNA - 'Hemp Seed & Cavier'10oz:$16.99
    BROCATO - 'Splash' 10oz:$9.45
    DEVA -'Curl Low Poo' 12oz:$13.50
    ENJOY- all Sulfate-Free 10oz:$12.99
    J BEVERLY HILLS - 'Fragile-Colour-Safe' : 12 oz : $13.05
    JONATHAN - 'Moisture' 8.4oz : $20.00
    KENRA - 'Platinum' 10oz : $14.40
    L'ANZA -'Healing Colour Care' 8oz:$16.50
    MASTEY- 'Enove Creme Shampoo' 8oz:$9.90

Prarie Therapy Natural Shampoo................................... $9.95
    John Masters Organics Shampoos...........4 types.......... $16.00 - $19.00
    HAMADI Hair Wash.............................4 types............... $27.00

SUKI Clean Balance Shampoo......................................... $23.00

Crazy how expensive this shampoos are compare to the ones with SLS..Aren't they saving money by not adding that extra ingredient? LOL..INCREDIBLE!!!
  • taryn1245taryn1245 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thank you! I'm going to print this out. So frustrating trying to read through all the shampoo ingredients in the store.

I don't go through shampoo very fast so one of these should last a long time. I'm no long obsessed with hair products like I used to be. I hated spending time on my hair but it made a huge difference so I did it. I don't miss that at all.
    Hi, AD...glad to see you back! I read your blog...hope all is well.

Ghost Poster, Thank you so much for your sweet words. I am getting better day by day. This crazy weather are doing a huge number on my joints and health in general.

Lots of love to you darling!
  • sidney963sidney963 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I had gotten the super shiny before and it didn't have sodium chloride in it and then I went to buy more the other day I noticed it did, so I rechecked my bottle at home and I was right it didn't have any. While I was at whole foods today, there was a clear bottle and a frosted bottle of super shiny shampoo and the frosted one didn't have sodium chloride as an ingredient. Maybe they recently changed the formula?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file