Stubborn indigo!

mournbringermournbringer Registered Users Posts: 1
I used to dye my hair with henna & indigo to make a very dark brown. The last time I did henna + indigo was probably close to a year now but yesterday I used henna + buxus for the second time and though the top part of my hair is this awesome flashy copper color the bottom part of my hair (about past my ears) is still dark. I look sort of stupid with hair that is two different colors. My only options now are either cutting all of the dark color off and starting over or picking up store-bought dye and chemically frying it....but even if I do that I'm not sure if that's a guaranteed coverup for the indigo. What should I do? :(

Comments

• CurliniCurlini Registered Users Posts: 258 Curl Neophyte
    Have you checked out Henna for Hair? It seems to be the best resource for all henna/indigo/buxus/amla/cassia issues. Everything I've read about indigo is that it's super permanent - whereas buxus fades after a few washes. If there are solutions other than cutting off the indigo part you'll probably find them on the site. Good luck!

http://www.hennaforhair.com/
    Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
    Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Weekly PT (CJ Repair Me) & DT
    Icequeen method
    CG since Aug. 08, still a lot to learn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrazzyCurlsKrazzyCurls Registered Users Posts: 52
    Yes, hennaforhair.com is an awesome site! Check it out.
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -Satinique Hair Conditioner
    -Garnier Fructis Sleek and Smooth Anti-Frizz Creme
    -A little olive oil

HairLength: Past my shoulders, but not to my elbow (YET!)

GoalumUltimatum::love1:
    To have healthy, shiny curls past my waist!:munky2:
    :blob:I :love2: MY CURLLLLSSS!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file