John Fredia Colour Glaze??

09robiha09robiha Registered Users Posts: 683
Has anyone used this or have any expeiance with it?? I am trying to find ways to stop my red hair from fading!!!
Also...whats the deal with it on the 'cone front??
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
> :angel13:
and less like this
> :evil5:

Comments

• TiaSimoneTiaSimone Registered Users Posts: 58
    I have used it for my red hair. It does help with the fading. My stylists noticed a difference. It was a bit drying, so I made sure to get extra moisture in my hair on the days I used the glaze. Not sure about the cone issue.
  • WeThePeopleWeThePeople Registered Users Posts: 1
    I recently put a demi-perm black in my natural medium brown hair. I use the color glaze once a week and it does make a difference in shine. I don't know how much more it will protect your color but it will definitely enhance your color and give the hair shaft a mirror effect for a couple of days after use.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    I'm pretty sure it has dimethicone. I used to use it on my natural red hair just to enhance a it of the tone and remember not being able to use when I learned about CG. I'm now mod CG and use it occasionally.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    lol, I don't think anything John Frieda puts out is cone free...

That being said, it worked ok for me in the past. It doesn't so much keep the red from fading, as it deposits color on top to keep it from LOOKING like it's fading. If that makes sense?

best thing I ever did was switch to henna instead of regular hair dye. my ends haven't been touched with dye in a year and a half and they're the same color as my freshly dyed roots. love.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • crazywavescrazywaves Registered Users Posts: 582
    Try clariol jazzing in clear you get it at Sallys beauty supply. $6.00 a bottle I have sl hair and get at least 3 applications out of that bottle.
  • swansinaprilswansinapril Registered Users Posts: 117
    I've used almost a whole bottle of this and I've been very dissapointed with it. I haven't noticed it doing anything positive at all for my hair. Won't buy again
    Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
    Current conditioner: Lush Okra :love5:
    Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
    CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file