CurlTalk

CJ Daily Fix...what's the scent like?

I was intrigued by this as I do like to CO wash and alternate with low poo or reg shampoo.

I like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva No Poo[/buylink], but can't get beyond the scent.

Also, how much do you have to use? It's still a bit spendy to me, esp with shipping.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Everyone will probably give a different opinion on the smell - to me it's almost like candy with coconut and citrus undertones.

This product is well worth the price if you are a looking for a cleansing co-wash. This is a thread on the go in the Product Reviews you can check with others people's views on it.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=96470

I have long hair and use about 2 quarter sized blobs each wash. How much you use will depend on your length, thickness and how often you wash.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I have to think about what the scent is--so that tells you it isn't too strong. It has peppermint oil in it, so there's a light minty smell. Very refreshing--and worth every penny!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    It smells wonderful! It is a very light scent, nothing like Deva No-Poo. I loved the NP, but not the scent. The CJ smells sooo good. I think you'll really like it.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    curlykey wrote: »
    It smells wonderful! It is a very light scent, nothing like Deva No-Poo. I loved the NP, but not the scent. The CJ smells sooo good. I think you'll really like it.

Agree. I actually love No Poo as well but the smell is awful.

Daily Fix, to me, is sort of minty smelling..similar to a candy cane but not as sweet. It's not a real strong smell though--not like something like Karen's Body Beautiful or Jasmine's products which are very fragranced. It is there but not overpowering.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users
    I was just gonna type "minty", but decided to head to my shower and check with a resniff. Yes, the CJDF is Minty with Coconuttiness, a mix of those two smells that is very nice and not cloying. Light.

The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner-p-997.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner]CJ Smoothing Conditioner[/buylink] smells fruity with butterscotchy undertones. At least, that's how it is to me. I just sniffed that, too. :)

I use a generous amount of shampoos when they're no-poo to low-poo. I add, scrub, add, scrub, add, scrub, so I can use quite a bit. I don't know how you use your no-poos, so figure you'd use about the same as when you no-poo with others.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Katina128Katina128 Posts: 560Registered Users
    I really like the smell of the Daily Fix, but I can't stand the Daily conditioner. It smells like rotten strawberries to me. LOL
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
  • jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Posts: 296Registered Users
    Okay, you have all convinced me :)

I am going to take the plunge and go get me some.

Thanks for your replies!

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users
    I used the Daily Fix again last night, and I'll add a "candy" scent is mixed in with the mint and coconutty. :) Something undefinably sweet and "candylike".

I had the most perfect curls ever last night after using my whole CJ line (except the smoothing condish as I deep treated). Amazing, shiny, sproingy, nearly frizz-obliterated.

After sleeping, ah, frizz and some stretched out curls from pineappling. Still got shine and some sproing and softness, but the miracle is over for now.

But for a moment, perfection was mine.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders