Kate Gosselin critized - wavy hair

southerncurlsoutherncurl Posts: 20Registered Users
Kate has probably had equally as much media coverage concerning her hairstyles as she has concerning her divorce. Recently she is sporting a long weave. I don't have a problem with that at all. Every women wants to try something new at some point in their life. I actually thought it looked good on her. Last night I was watching one of those celebrity so call "news" tv shows. They showed a photo of Kate entering a store with her children. She was wearing a baseball cap and the wind was blowing right under and pushed her hair up and out. This wouldn't be a very flattering photo for anyone. What bothered me was the host of this shows comments on how ugly her frizzy hair looked. Really? What I saw were waves not frizzy. Seems anything other than bone straight hair is considered frizz. Some other issues about this bothered me. One of the host of this show is Nessie(not sure of spelling) Nash. She was quick to make an negative comment concerning Kate's hair. Yet, she sits there with straight weave down to her waist. Oh, I guess that is ok because it was straight and not "frizzy":angry5: It also bugs me that this is "news" worthy. I know these people are celebrities and every single area of their lives seems to be target for the media but that doesn't make it right. Is there really nothing else going on in the world that Kate Gosselin's hair is considered news?

Comments

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LOL! I don't know.. I saw Kate Gosselin's hair and frankly I hated it. It just looked odd to me. I didn't see this pic with the baseball cap though.. but when I saw it the 2 times I did.. I hated it. I thought it was a hot mess. I didn't really see any frizz in the 2 times that I saw it though.

I am not really surprised that Niecy Nash made the comments she did... and well frankly I think Niecy has a little room there.. she does wear weave and well her weaves are usually pretty nice looking. I guess she felt like it's no excuse for a weave to be jacked up when it cost so much money like Kate's did. And well I have to agree... if you are going to rock weave.. rock it right.

Neicy Nash is on a tabloid tv show though, It's not really a "news" show like 20/20. It's sort of like Us Weekly or People but on television.. so stuff like this is fodder for the fire. I don't really expect more from it.

Most people like, want, and prefer straight hair. Hence why Remy Indian hair is selling like hot cakes. I mean it is what it is... But at the same time.. I can understand where you are coming from about the frizz thing. I think what bugs me a little is that in magazines when they do hair styles they rarely show ACTUAL curly hair. They only go as far as wavy hair as if curly hair just means frizz ball and so can't show that..LOL! I just got the People Style Watch mag and they feature various hair styles in there.. you think they had any of the styles curly ? Hell No!

I was thinking, "Damn.. the magazine couldn't have found one woman with some curls to showcase ? " And it wasn't because I was mad or anything about them having the other styles.. I think that's great but I was thinking, "Some of us curly haired girls would have liked some advice on cute in styles so we could try a few as well". But it's like they hardly every even think about us. :dontknow:
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • southerncurlsoutherncurl Posts: 20Registered Users
    I use the word "news" mocking these type of shows. The importance they give to the most insignificant details is a bit silly. You are right, those shows are what they are and that type of nonsense is pretty typical. Nicey's hair was indeed beautiful. It is the use of the word frizzy that burns me up. As if anything wavy or curly is automatically frizzy. It's like the standard is straight and curly/wavy is some how a mistake. Like on those make over shows when there is someone with naturally curly hair. You know right off the bat they are going to insist that the person's new style be straight hair. Nothing wrong with straight hair if it is what you really want. Most of the time I feel sorry for the person getting the make over. I know from past experience that the ultra straight styles are almost always impossible to maintain. Not that I am a fan of all curly hair. I do not like damage hair straight or curly! I love when person with healthy beautiful curly hair stands up for themselve and insist on keeping their curls.
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ok Niecy Nash's hair looks a hot mess to me. But that just goes to show that these things are subjective. Its kinda crazy that someone would call Kate's hair "frizzy." To me, its slightly wavy at best. But like the OP said, if you don't have bone straight hair, mainstream society is liable to find a problem with it!
    comic-p.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    The whole thing of picking on Kate's new hair is that it cost a whopping $7000 and didn’t look worth that money.
  • Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    Ohhhhh Look at the :snorting: schrews $7000.00 hair that her children paid for from their trust fund..... Keep the focus on the non issue....

Dont focus on she is Not doing to her children...

This is a Media ploy :elephant: to keep the attention off of what the real issue at hand is, and it is NOT her hair....
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin
    I never understood why her hair cost so much? 7,000! It is certainly true that the money used for that weave is a result of her reality show fame. That wouldn't have been possibly if it weren't for the children. Surely the money could have been put to better use. There was one reporter that pointed that out and even kinda gave some examples of items for the children that could have been purchased for 7,000. I totally agree but I wonder how much money John has wasted on his college coeds?:? Anyway, my problem with the comment is because it just makes me angry that any style that isn't straight is automatically frizzy. Those type of comments are just as annoying or even offensive as some people constantly refering to women with naturally straight hair as "stringy."
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hell... Kate could have gone somewhere in Philly and got a good weave for like 200 bucks and it would have been a hell of a lot better looking than that mess she has on her head now.

The 7000 bucks is some ****. Did she REALLY pay for it or did TLC ? Because I know TLC paid for her tummy tuck, teeth whitening, a trainer, and many clothing items... she's doing a new show for them soon and I wonder did they pay for it.

If she paid for it.. it's pathetic..this is the same woman that was in the media crying because Jon took a bunch of money out of their joint account and she stated she couldn't even pay the bills. So then she goes and pays 7 g's for hair ? I mean come on.

These reality tv folks are turning out to be more and more wacky.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    this is the same woman that was in the media crying because Jon took a bunch of money out of their joint account
    Maybe that is why she made a fuss about it - she wanted $7000 worth of hair extensions.
    Did she REALLY pay for it or did TLC ? Because I know TLC paid for her tummy tuck, teeth whitening, a trainer, and many clothing items... she's doing a new show for them soon and I wonder did they pay for it.
    You are right she is a money maker for TLC and they were the one’s that revamped her new style to up their ratings.

Nobody has said who exactly paid the $7000 but just that her hair cost was $7000.

If TLC did pay - I wonder if she's happy with her hair now?

On the same show supposedly she said she doesn't like the new hair and her children don't like it either. I would imagine going from a super short cut like she had to very long hair has to be painful. I mean all that weave must pull some thing aweful on the scalp! I really don't think she paid for the weave. They showed a photo of her standing next to the hairstylist. He looked like the stylist on What Not To Wear(another TLC show). I would imagine the whole hairstyle drama is good publicity for both shows. I know a lot of people love to hate Kate. I don't dislike her but for some reason that John Gosselin gets on my nerves. He seems so slimy to me. I did see a clip from one of the shows where he was upset with one of the children for saying she prefers to do the craft project her mother has for them. He even went so far as to tell her to leave the table and just go up to her room. The child began crying and asked "What about my project?" He told her don't worry about it because it was being thrown in the trash.:angry5: That was it for me! If that is how he acts with the cameras on I can imagine how worse it must be when they aren't around. I've only watched the show 3 times(maybe) but I can't look at that guy any more. Since Kate doesn't like the new hair I am sure there is another hairstyle make over in the works for her.
  • KrazzyCurlsKrazzyCurls Posts: 52Registered Users
    I totally agree with southerncurl.
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -Satinique Hair Conditioner
    -Garnier Fructis Sleek and Smooth Anti-Frizz Creme
    -A little olive oil

HairLength: Past my shoulders, but not to my elbow (YET!)

GoalumUltimatum::love1:
    To have healthy, shiny curls past my waist!:munky2:
    :blob:I :love2: MY CURLLLLSSS!!
  • bunnythesAINTbunnythesAINT Posts: 12Registered Users
    On the same show supposedly she said she doesn't like the new hair and her children don't like it either. I would imagine going from a super short cut like she had to very long hair has to be painful. I mean all that weave must pull some thing aweful on the scalp! I really don't think she paid for the weave. They showed a photo of her standing next to the hairstylist. He looked like the stylist on What Not To Wear(another TLC show). I would imagine the whole hairstyle drama is good publicity for both shows. I know a lot of people love to hate Kate. I don't dislike her but for some reason that John Gosselin gets on my nerves. He seems so slimy to me. I did see a clip from one of the shows where he was upset with one of the children for saying she prefers to do the craft project her mother has for them. He even went so far as to tell her to leave the table and just go up to her room. The child began crying and asked "What about my project?" He told her don't worry about it because it was being thrown in the trash.:angry5: That was it for me! If that is how he acts with the cameras on I can imagine how worse it must be when they aren't around. I've only watched the show 3 times(maybe) but I can't look at that guy any more. Since Kate doesn't like the new hair I am sure there is another hairstyle make over in the works for her.
    Jon is...horrible. He never use to be that bad before they started getting a crap load of publicity. I remember seeing that episode and I was absolutely shocked. Like...why punish one kid for something the other did? He seems like a bum-dad and I truly feel for those kids because he never use to (from the tv show) be like that. He use to be a down to earth kind of dad who had a decent job and was nice and now he's wearing (of all things) Ed Hardy and being a royal d-bag to his kids for being kids. I really hope that he comes to his senses.
    Okay, enough about that. Onto the hair:
    I'm not sure what they expect of Kate's hair...she had the reverse mullet before and I'm pretty sure that Ted Gibson might not have told her how to properly take care of her extensions.
  • iloredoiloredo Posts: 3Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She did not pay for the hair. It was the stylist from What Not to Wear - TLC paid for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file