I have a muffin top!!!

heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Posts: 392Registered Users
I hate it but I guess it is here to stay.
What kind - brand/style - are good for muffin tops?

HELP!!

Comments

• mom2e3mom2e3 Posts: 73Registered Users
    Spanx. These have fantastic results:
    http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990106&cp=2992553.3010055&parentPage=family

I've heard of another brand that works well, but is less binding. Can't remember the name, though...you know how it is when you're getting older. tee-hee!
    Mostly sure I'm a 2b/Mii
    Just starting out (and brining the entire family along for the ride):
    CO-wash...V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie
    Rinse-out Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Moisture Works for Dry or Damaged Hair
    Leave-in Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream Sleek and Shine
    Gel...Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel
    Wish me luck!
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I wont have muffin top if your pants are the right cut/style. No matter HOW much you weigh.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mom2e3 wrote: »
    Spanx. These have fantastic results:
    http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990106&cp=2992553.3010055&parentPage=family

I've heard of another brand that works well, but is less binding. Can't remember the name, though...you know how it is when you're getting older. tee-hee!
    Don't you just love how they always show models who don't NEED any kind of support modeling this stuff?

I agree with rudee, the newer low waisted pants make it much more noticeable and not just on the 40+ either
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Posts: 392Registered Users
    What is the right cut and style of pants for
    a muffin top? I am not overweight - just in the
    peri/pause period and I am thickening around
    the waist. It is a pain getting older but it
    beats the alternative.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    What is the right cut and style of pants for
    a muffin top? I am not overweight - just in the
    peri/pause period and I am thickening around
    the waist. It is a pain getting older but it
    beats the alternative.

Well, the pants can't be too tight. And if you're short/petite, high waisted ones could draw more attention to your waist and legs, which you don't want.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like mid rise pants in the appropriate size.

Too low a rise will give a muffin top even to thin women.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm thin but 4 kids and same problem. Size 6 or so from the butt down but 8 in the waist, what the heck? 8s look stupid because they are too big, 6s look good except at the waist.

AARGH
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm the weight I want to be but after 4th baby same problem, size 6 from the butt down but 6s too small in waist, size 8 fits waist but look stupid as they are too big all the rest of the way down.

So it's not just "find the right size", it's more "find the right brand".

Eddie Bauer pants are so big in waist they are actually often too big for me in a 6 so those work best.

With others I try to wear a long top.

Also make sure the "rise" is long enough, not just waist big enough. If the waist is not landing where it is supposed to (I am tallish and long waisted) it will make a muffin top so sometimes just getting the Tall instead of Regular and having 'em hemmed if necessary makes the fit much better.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
    Thanks everyone. I will look into mid-rise jeans and
    definitely will look at Eddie Bauer. I don't have
    an Eddie Bauer in my hometown, are they comparably
    sized to Levis? If you wear a 6 in Levis will you
    wear a six in EB jeans?
    WOW Robin - size 6 after 4 kids - WOW!!!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Depending on your shape, the GAP Curvy/Straight jeans are great. They are a mid-rise, have a nice amount of stretch, a straight leg and are made for a bigger waist to hip ratio than most.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    Depending on your shape, the GAP Curvy/Straight jeans are great. They are a mid-rise, have a nice amount of stretch, a straight leg and are made for a bigger waist to hip ratio than most.

I actually agree. The GAP curvy work nicely on me. If you are determined to wear a lowrise, I wear Lucky Sweet Dream Jean (discontinued, but easy to find). I am very curvy and have hips and I get no spill over with these.
    My Photobucket Album
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I like these as well. I also like the Lee (no gap I think or maybe the slimming style-I forget) jean. It has minimal lycra in it so you do not get the stretch out after wearing an hour and have to keep pulling them up. They are a midrise but unfortunately I can only find a boot cut style in stores. I would love a straight in this style. I am headed out to the mall shortly I will have to look for the straight again.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aren't the curvy/no gap styles for those with bigger hips when compared to the waist; for those who get that back gap in their jeans? If that's the case, wouldn't that be the opposite of what the OP wants?

or am I confusing them
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Aren't the curvy/no gap styles for those with bigger hips when compared to the waist; for those who get that back gap in their jeans? If that's the case, wouldn't that be the opposite of what the OP wants?

or am I confusing them

They are. But thats why even I sometimes get the muffintop - if the jeans are too tight on the HIPS - not necessarily the waist. Its hard to explain....:study:
    My Photobucket Album
    Thanks everyone for the input. I think we have a
    Gap nearby so I will go check them out. Also
    I think Kohls carries Lee jeans. Whoo Hoo!!
    Tomorrow I go shopping.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks everyone for the input. I think we have a
    Gap nearby so I will go check them out. Also
    I think Kohls carries Lee jeans. Whoo Hoo!!
    Tomorrow I go shopping.

If your Kohls does not carry that style of Lee jean I know JC Penney carries it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    rudeechick wrote: »

or am I confusing them

They are. But thats why even I sometimes get the muffintop - if the jeans are too tight on the HIPS - not necessarily the waist. Its hard to explain....:study:

Me too. They are made for that ratio but I often find with a lower rise I often get muffin top even though there might be a 4-inch gap at the top of my @ss. As rudee says, kinda hard to explain. :lol:

I highly recommend tailoring if you find jeans you love. I am curvy AND I have long legs - and I like my jeans long but sometimes they come WAY too long.... When I find a cut that works for my hips I buy multiple pairs then I take them to my seamstress. She nips the waist and if necessary brings up the length - and all in stitching that matches the original so you cant tell they have been altered.

Its worth the money because having jeans you LOVE is a huge thing, plus you wear them for YEARS - at least I do.
    My Photobucket Album
    rudeechick wrote: »
    I highly recommend tailoring if you find jeans you love. I am curvy AND I have long legs - and I like my jeans long but sometimes they come WAY too long.... When I find a cut that works for my hips I buy multiple pairs then I take them to my seamstress. She nips the waist and if necessary brings up the length - and all in stitching that matches the original so you cant tell they have been altered.

Its worth the money because having jeans you LOVE is a huge thing, plus you wear them for YEARS - at least I do.

The GAP ones are one of two types I've bought in the past 10 years that I didn't alter - (the other was something I bought in Winner's and have never seen the brand again.) They fit off-the-rack!!!

• MaloryMalory Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How about wearing low rise jeans that don't come up to your belly, so they can fit your legs well and don't squeeze your belly, and then covering your belly with a long top?
    I never did make it to the GAP but I did buy some no-gap Lee jeans and I like them. My muffin top is not too bad unless I overeat. Thanks everyone for the input.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file