Lost: Series Finale (Official Thread :D)--Spoilers

ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
///
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Registered Users Posts: 392
    I am ready. I watched all the previous seasons on Nextflix. I am so ready!!
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    ///
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Registered Users Posts: 5,219
    ITA Windflower... I haven't really liked the last two seasons either. But I still can't wait! I couldn't believe when I heard the TV say it was on Tuesday! It feels like forever since it has been on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• ursulaursula Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Curl Neophyte
    I am ready. I watched all the previous seasons on Nextflix. I am so ready!!

I meant to do this, but I never got around to it. I can't remember all of the plot twists and turns, especially the early seasons, and so I was hoping to jog my memory. Oh well. Did they ever explain what the smoke monster was, beyond the suggestion that it was some sort of alarm system/watchdog that Ben could control? I don't have faith that they'll answer all of the questions to my satisfaction!

What are the questions you most want answered?
    In search of a lost signature...
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Registered Users Posts: 3,093
    CAN'T WAIT!!!
    2b/3a.
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Registered Users Posts: 5,633 Curl Connoisseur
    Huge Lostie fan here. Looking forward to the premiere!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • chanmeleonchanmeleon Registered Users Posts: 29
    Totally excited here too. I have a huge crush on Ben Linus. (I know, weird right?) Gotta find out what's going on with dead Locke and alive Locke!
    ///
  • AthenaAthena Registered Users Posts: 36
    I do so hope that the real Locke is not truly dead or that they can reverse time so that he will be alive. And I also hope that Jacob isn't dead. They built him up into something so powerful in conversations and then this Locke imposter kills him in about 5 minutes? Are you kidding me?!? Oh yeah, HUGE Lost fan here, too!!:blob6:
    "A great deal of talent is lost in the world for want of a little courage."
    ~~Sydney Smith
    ///
    ////
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Registered Users Posts: 1,781
    I just started watching it. I love it! I'm only on episode 18 of the first season, so I have a while to go...
    Thus the reason I am not reading anything any of you say. I don't want to see anything that spoils it for me.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    Very excited. I got totally sick of the whole Jack and Kate show but I love everyone else and want to see what happens. I've forgotten most of the questions I had from all the previous seasons so if they don't get answered by the end of the year, no big deal. If there's any way they could bring back Mr. Eko I would be happy. And Charlie too. : (
    I'm going to watch it at the ex's house. Got our popcorn and candy and pop all bought and ready to go! : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • JayneeJaynee Registered Users Posts: 2,039 Curl Neophyte
    I have had a hard time getting through Season 5, will I be completely in the dark if I just start watching this season without seeing the last half of Season 5?
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I imagine they will be doing that hour long update thingy they do every year before the new episode starts. I can barely remember anything from last year so I'll be depending on the update.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I'm dying of anticipation here. I've had dreams about both Daniel Farraday and Ben Linus in the last week! Lost has taken over my brain, clearly.

My bf and I just watched the whole Lost series on Netflix in the past few months, so I'm pretty fresh on the details.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Registered Users Posts: 5,219
    Just changed the avvie to represent my excitement. :wav: By the way did they ever really go into what happened to Claire? :scratch:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• riotkittyriotkitty Registered Users Posts: 1,307 Curl Connoisseur
    Well the promo poster have the entire cast on them so I think that's a pretty good hint that they will all be back. Also the first episode is called LA X (space is intentional). I'm so excited, I'm going to be so distracted at work tomorrow. Its become a social thing in my circle of friends. Every week we meet up, have a couple beers and watch it together. Its been such a bonding experience for us, I'm going to be sad when it ends. For the finale, we are planning a costume party.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • riotkittyriotkitty Registered Users Posts: 1,307 Curl Connoisseur
    curlysue21 wrote: »
    Just changed the avvie to represent my excitement. :wav: By the way did they ever really go into what happened to Claire? :scratch:

No, but I've heard she's going to quite pivotal this season.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
    ///
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    I watched a few in the first season, read some recaps of some of that season and the second, and then randomly wound up watching the one-hour recap show and the premiere on my friend's TV when I should've been studying. (Still should be.) Hoooly cow, so much happened!

My friend thought maybe-Sayid's wake up voice sounded like it had Charlie's accent. All I know is, I explicitly told Jacob not to take Sayid's body, so he'd better not. (I also said, "NO! You are NOT doing this!" when Juliet said she had something important to tell Sawyer, because you just know at that point what's gonna happen, but they didn't listen to me.)
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
    ///
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    I only know him as the Man in Black. :dontknow: And I totally called that smoke monster thing when not-Locke disappeared and the smoke went all grabby. I'm proud of me, lol.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Registered Users Posts: 839
    First, I want to say that I didn't watch Lost beyond the early part of the 4th season, so I'm not knowledgeable enough to discuss it that much. Anyway, a friend of mine said that she felt that the whole "Dharma Initiative" and "the Others" was really a way for the show's creators to make fun of and ridicule hippies, liberals, intellectuals, alternative communal living people, and the entire 1970's. She thinks the show is pushing a conservative agenda. I don't really know b/c I didn't watch it that much, but I wanted to get your reaction to her opinion.
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
    I think tv shows are just that, tv. I don't look for anything deep or meaningful. For me they are purely for entertainment and if they don't entertain me I don't watch. But that's just me.

We very much enjoyed last nights episodes.
    And I know I'm repeating myself, but I still hate Kate. : )
  • FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Registered Users Posts: 839
    In the short time that I watched the show, I thought Desmond was the most fascinating character. I don't know what eventually happened to him. I guess I'll have to look it up on Wikipedia or something.

The character I disliked the most was Sawyer. Sorry, he just annoyed me.
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
    Windflower wrote: »
    I really like the voice of the actor who plays Ben.

Currently watching the 1 hour update show. :sunny:

I think Ben is sexy.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    SicilyCurl wrote: »
    First, I want to say that I didn't watch Lost beyond the early part of the 4th season, so I'm not knowledgeable enough to discuss it that much. Anyway, a friend of mine said that she felt that the whole "Dharma Initiative" and "the Others" was really a way for the show's creators to make fun of and ridicule hippies, liberals, intellectuals, alternative communal living people, and the entire 1970's. She thinks the show is pushing a conservative agenda. I don't really know b/c I didn't watch it that much, but I wanted to get your reaction to her opinion.

Wow, I don't get that vibe at all and I am a hippie, liberal intellectual. :)

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Registered Users Posts: 2,017 Curl Neophyte
    MizKerri wrote: »
    SicilyCurl wrote: »

Wow, I don't get that vibe at all and I am a hippie, liberal intellectual. :)

I don't get that vibe, either, and I'm an HLI also. If you want to find a show with a conservative agenda, look at "24." (Not that I don't enjoy "24," though....)

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file