First-timer permer!

Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Registered Users Posts: 268
Hey! So, I am sick of the whole CG method, trying to deal with it, products, blah blah blah. It's just SO much more easier to deal with when straight, so I am planning to get a straight-perm. Could you sort of take me throught the process? On average, how long does it stay straight? How much does it cost? Thank you:)
Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there

Comments

• burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Why don't you just straighten your hair with a blow dryer of flat iron? Why get a perm/ relaxer? According to your siggie, it doesn't seem like you have a strong curl pattern.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • BesmeeBesmee Registered Users Posts: 28
    Relaxing is very expensive. I googled around and it can be 50$+, depending on the salon (and, I believe, how thick your hair is). So every week or so you're going to have to spend 50 or more dollars on your hair.

There's also risks of having your hair completely break off if you don't get it relaxed in awhile.

If you want your hair to be "easier", just flat iron. Relaxing is just a waste of time and money.
  • Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Registered Users Posts: 268
    Besmee wrote: »
    Relaxing is very expensive. I googled around and it can be 50$+, depending on the salon (and, I believe, how thick your hair is). So every week or so you're going to have to spend 50 or more dollars on your hair.

There's also risks of having your hair completely break off if you don't get it relaxed in awhile.

If you want your hair to be "easier", just flat iron. Relaxing is just a waste of time and money.

That's true. It's just that flat ironing everyday is just a pain. And I can not wash it for about 2 days, and then it starts to get a little greasy, but I guess I could just flat-iron every few days--you guys are right:). Thanks anway:icescream:
    Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file