Anyone else have a phone that just won't die?

RawrSallyRawrSally Registered Users Posts: 1,388
It's not as if I'm actively trying to kill my phone, though I wouldn't mind a different one. I've accidentally dropped it at the top of a set of wooden stairs that ends in concrete, when it hit the bottom, I received a text message. Almost every time I get a text message while I'm sitting at my desk, I drop the phone and it hits every hard surface on the way down. I drop it on concrete, pavement, wood, and it still works perfectly and the battery life is great. I got this phone for my 16th bithday, I just turned 18 last October.
Despite all of my butter-fingered abuse, the phone still works. Anyone else have a phone that won't die?

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Yes, I had a phone for over six years. I didn't have a skin on the phone so it had no padding to protect it from falls. It went through the washer and dyer twice, been dropping in a puddle and submerged in water for 10 minutes while I tried to get it (it fell under a parked car), been dropped a zillion times from high height onto concrete....just wouldn't die. It had the original battery. I was waiting for it to croak to switch to another provider. Well, we switched anyway and the phone got dropped and the antenna broke off...go figure. :angry7: I guess it decided to die since it no longer had any use...lol. It was an old LG flipflop from when Cingular was it's own company.
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Registered Users Posts: 910
    yep. I have had my phone now going on 6 years I think. It was given to me because every one made fun of me for not having a cell phone. It was used when I got it. I can drop it on hardwood floors, concrete, it's been rained on. It just won't die. It doesn't have any bells or whistles. Just recieves and make phone calls/texts. It is the most reliable phone that I just keep hanging on to it. All of my friends are always buying the newest "it" phone, then has to replace it a few months later for breaking.
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    Speckla wrote: »
    Yes, I had a phone for over six years. I didn't have a skin on the phone so it had no padding to protect it from falls. It went through the washer and dyer twice, been dropping in a puddle and submerged in water for 10 minutes while I tried to get it (it fell under a parked car), been dropped a zillion times from high height onto concrete....just wouldn't die. It had the original battery. I was waiting for it to croak to switch to another provider. Well, we switched anyway and the phone got dropped and the antenna broke off...go figure. :angry7: I guess it decided to die since it no longer had any use...lol. It was an old LG flipflop from when Cingular was it's own company.

Mine has never been submerged underwater before, that's insane.
    yep. I have had my phone now going on 6 years I think. It was given to me because every one made fun of me for not having a cell phone. It was used when I got it. I can drop it on hardwood floors, concrete, it's been rained on. It just won't die. It doesn't have any bells or whistles. Just recieves and make phone calls/texts. It is the most reliable phone that I just keep hanging on to it. All of my friends are always buying the newest "it" phone, then has to replace it a few months later for breaking.

Yeah, my friend had one phone that would make calls on its own. She told me about how she would set it on the table and watch as it called someone in her address book. I think it was a "Chocolate."
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso

My little old Samsung flipfone is so reliable and never lets me down. The hinge is loose, the faceplate is coming off, it is scratched and dirty, and I just love her. I hope she never dies.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    I have a 3 yr old blackberry that's had cosmo and wine spilled on it and taken more headers across the parking lot than I can count.

Thank heavens it will take such a beating!
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Registered Users Posts: 910

My little old Samsung flipfone is so reliable and never lets me down. The hinge is loose, the faceplate is coming off, it is scratched and dirty, and I just love her. I hope she never dies.

Mine is a Samsung also. I'm not sure what model # though. It has to be really old though.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    They don't make phones like they used to. I still have my first Nokia cell phone (the little cute brick one that came in red blue and green) and it still works. I keep just incase mine breaks down.

My last Tmobile Sidekick fell on my carpet from a coffee table (so no more than a 2 ft drop) and the image was all scrambled and ever since then, the image would just scramble out of no where.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I had a Sony Ericson that lasted about 6 years. It still works, but we switched from T-mobile to Verizon and couldn't use it. I loved that phone, it was a little brick too. Similar to this:
    GetImage.ashx?url=LM500005.jpg&w=288&h=0
    The new ones don't last as well.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file