has anyone tried lush products?

CoaCoaBean08CoaCoaBean08 Registered Users Posts: 734
so ive been checking out their products for body and some for hair and a lot of the youtubers i subscribe to give rave reviews for lush products. i like them because of their natural ingredients and many many vegan options. so i think im gonna try some stuff from them. they have a special thing going on now where you can get 9 generous samples for 25 dollars i think.

warning though, if you dont like not-so-bland-and-not-so-gentle scents it may be a waste of your money. almost everyone that uses them talks about their unique smells and variety in scents. for example one of the hair products is supposed to smell like pumpkin pie. stuff like that.

its on my list of things to to try now. have any of you tried any of their products?
head full of wild crazy kinks and curls :cool:
"Make your choice adventurous stranger;
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder, til it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had."

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen

Comments

• hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    i really like their bath bombs. the soaps had my skin on fire.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mouseymousey Registered Users Posts: 120
    the henna and indigo are TERRIBLE! i thought someone had set fire to my scap. i was literally crying in the shower trying to rinse it out. i had bought other stuff, but just ended up throwing the entire bag away without using anything else in it.
    i cannot live without my aviators, my boston terrier, biology and black tights.:love7:
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    I have one of their poo bars and I really like it. It makes my hair smell like Jasmine for HOURS after I wash and condition.
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • CoaCoaBean08CoaCoaBean08 Registered Users Posts: 734
    Alice_42 wrote: »
    I have one of their poo bars and I really like it. It makes my hair smell like Jasmine for HOURS after I wash and condition.

yeah i was looking at that one...i like the idea of a gentle shampoo bar. esp. one that leaves my hair smelling great!

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen
  • CoaCoaBean08CoaCoaBean08 Registered Users Posts: 734
    oh heres the offer i was talking about

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/hskt/

those arent all the products but just the ones featured in the special deal.

i know not all the products will work for everyone but just saying...

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    I went to their store last time I visited home...and I could NOT get past the smells. Everything stank SO BAD to me! I was like eeeewwww. However, if you like herbal/strong smells, you might like them. I only like smelling like dessert, lol!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • CmesweetCmesweet Registered Users Posts: 21
    I've been to their store in Chicago, and some of the items smelled lovely. I also like how some of the soaps looked like pies/cakes.

There were of course some aromas that were not attractive, but that can happen at any store with fragrances. For instance, I don't like all of bath and body scents like their candy apple scents.
    On April 3rd,
    Curlies will unite at 6:30pm

Where?
    Big Boys
    Downtown Grand Rapids,MI
    then heading to view the Color Purple Play.

For further details please contact me at http://www.meetup.com/The-Grand-Rapids-Curly-Coily-and-KinkyHair/

http://public.fotki.com/jonesrey/
  • OyaOshunOyaOshun Registered Users Posts: 5
    BEWARE!

Although quite gentle their shampoos all contain SLS so if you are CG or sulfate sensitive they may not be for you. I loved Trichomania (Coconut bar shampoo) and Gentil Lentil (Soft Vanilla bar Shampoo) but have found them rather drying. Pity I only fully understood the effects of SLS after I had made / received a fresh order of both. :cry:

If you are happy with SLS and highly fragranced products then I would highly recommend their products. I still love their body lotions, massage bars, deodorants and some skincare (though now I mostly make my own). :tongue5:

I used to be a complete LUSH devotee and I'd be happy to recommend / suggest a few items to try if you give ome further info about the types of products you are looking for. :smile:
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    i loved their seanick shampoo bar. i had orignially bought it for my little girl because a few of the products she had at teh time contained 'cones but i tried it on myself a few times. it left my hair feeling really soft and shiny. it didnt feel stripped like alot of SLS shampoos leave my hair feeling. i didnt find the scent to be overwhelming either and thats saying alot because i usually find every thing to be too highly fragranced. another good thing about the shampoo bar was that it lasted for over a year.

the jasmine and henna fluff eaze treatment was bleh. i dont think it did anythkng amazing for my hair.

as far as non hair products are concerened, i love their coalface cleanser, tea tree water toner, mange too massage bar, and another one that i forget the name of.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I tried their conditioners and they are okay. Nothing special. I like the Jasmine and Henna fluff eaze as a overnight pre-poo. It gives my hair a nice reddish color with continued use.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • LhoreSpencerLhoreSpencer Registered Users Posts: 474
    As another person said, many of their soaps/shampoos have SLS/SLES.
    The bath bombs are... the bomb!!! And the bubble bars. I mainly use their coconut deodorant powder with my natural deodorant to help it work better.
    All in all, their products are just OK :confused3:
    FdQlm4.png
    Falling deeper and deeper and deeper in :love4: with my beautiful mixture of springy, tight coils and super duper kinks.

*SIGH* Alas, I've come to accept my shrinkage and fairy knots :angry7:

There are no magic potions, concoctions, elixirs, or pills for hair growth, weight loss, or financial independence... so stop looking for a quick fix!!!
  • jessicas-jewels.comjessicas-jewels.com Registered Users Posts: 19
    I've been using the Lush Henna Caca Brun for about 3 months now and absolutely love the results. I co-sign with the strong herbal scents of many of their products, but I add some Jasmine essential oil and it leaves a pleasant scent for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file