Flax Seeds?

Are we talking about the kind of Flax seeds you buy in a drug store with the vitamins? Used for constipation or something like that?
Just want to make sure before I buy them.

Thanx,
Jen

Comments

• LaMareaLaMarea Posts: 11Registered Users
    To make FSG. I use the whole seeds - the ones people buy to sprinkle on salads and stuff like that. I get them from Whole Foods where they sell them loose along with different grains and berries. So, I can buy a small quantity at a time (usually about 1/4 cup) and then get more when I run out. I have successfully used old seeds as well, but it seems to take longer to reach a good consistency. Anyways, to answer your question - the whole seeds are what you should be looking for (they're about the size of sesame seeds). I've never tried with flax meal (ground up seeds) so I can't comment on whether that would work!
    3B curls, coarse, high porosity, low- to medium density.

CO-wash: Burt's Bees "Super Shiny", Suave Coconut, ACV or lemon rinses weekly
    Style: Jessicurl's CCSS & RR, AG Re:coil
    DT: homemade mix: shea butter plus some/all of the following: coconut oil jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter, castor oil; several drops of EOs
    'Poos (when needed): Jessicurl HCC (may try her GL poo during the summer)
  • Italian CurlsItalian Curls Posts: 77Registered Users
    What do you make with flax seeds? How do you make it? What is it supposed to do to your hair? Confused :)
    Curl type- 3a, medium texture, high porosity
    Co-wash- Suave Naturals Coconut
    Conditioner- BedHead Moisture Maniac/ Burt's Bees More Moisture (trying to find something better)
    Style- Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel, Honey (sometimes)
    Deep Conditioner-Burts Bees
    Methods- Icequeen, Plopping (overnight & straight after shower)

Trying to grow out hair for Locks of Love!
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    runningj wrote: »
    Are we talking about the kind of Flax seeds you buy in a drug store with the vitamins? Used for constipation or something like that?
    Just want to make sure before I buy them.

Thanx,
    Jen

LOL, yes, that is the same one. Make sure to get the seeds (not ground or flax seed oil). Some people found that the Gold flax seed yields better results. There are a few threads regarding FSG if you have further questions.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Posts: 323Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What do you make with flax seeds? How do you make it? What is it supposed to do to your hair? Confused :)

Flax Seed Gel:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=61208
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file