Wash and Go's

queenjqueenj Registered Users Posts: 45
Since its winter, I don't want to do wash and go's since I'll be leaving the house with a wet hair. Plus I think wash and go's causes tangles in my hair. So, I've been stretching my hair into an afro ever since I took out my braids. Is there any hairstyles other than an afro or a wash and go I could try? I'm kind of new to natural hair care so I would apprectiate any suggestions.

Comments

• happynappshappynapps Registered Users Posts: 21
    You could do twist outs,braid outs, or bantu knot outs. check out you tube to find how to video's
    4c,I think
  • kejournerkejourner Registered Users Posts: 180
    For the past 3 weeks, I have been wearing my hair in small individual plaits. I plaited it about halfway and left the rest loose and curly. Each morning I would put kbb hair milk on to moisturize. this let me wear my hair curly and avoid tangles. i have pictures in my fotki.
    last perm 4/07, BC 3/08, currently trying to grow out hair.

Check out my fotki www.fotki.com/kejourner
    no password required
  • queenjqueenj Registered Users Posts: 45
    kejourner wrote: »
    For the past 3 weeks, I have been wearing my hair in small individual plaits. I plaited it about halfway and left the rest loose and curly. Each morning I would put kbb hair milk on to moisturize. this let me wear my hair curly and avoid tangles. i have pictures in my fotki.

Did you cornrow them down?
  • CoilyDelta27CoilyDelta27 Registered Users Posts: 202
    I've been wearing braidouts since last September and I've seen a big difference in the health of my hair! This is what I do:

I shampoo once per week with a non-sulfate shampoo and I follow with a deep conditioner for 1 hour. Once I rinse out the deep conditioner, I apply Afrodetangler and Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream to each section of hair as I detangle. I set my hair in individual braids all over my head (I don't part, I just grab sections and braid all the way to the end). Once my entire head is braided, I cover the braids with Hairveda CoCasta Shikakai Oil to seal in the moisture. I wear a satin bonnet on my hair at night and over my hair during the day when it's covered with a crocheted hat (tam) to protect from the cold air. After 3-5 days, I unbraid my hair and gently separate each section to create a braidout style. I can usually wear it like that until it's wash-day again. Check out my fotki to see the end result...
    http://fotki.com/ginaloveslanguages84

Hope this helps!!
    youtube (reginadwright) :afro:
    Pre-Poo: EVOO/TJTingle Poo: KCCC Cowash:As I Am/Mielle Organics Condish: EVOO/Aussie Moist Leave-In:KCKT Moisturizers: Qhem AOHC Sealants: Grapeseed/Apricot Oil/FlaxGel

event.png

I've been wearing braidouts since last September and I've seen a big difference in the health of my hair! This is what I do:

I shampoo once per week with a non-sulfate shampoo and I follow with a deep conditioner for 1 hour. Once I rinse out the deep conditioner, I apply Afrodetangler and Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream to each section of hair as I detangle. I set my hair in individual braids all over my head (I don't part, I just grab sections and braid all the way to the end). Once my entire head is braided, I cover the braids with Hairveda CoCasta Shikakai Oil to seal in the moisture. I wear a satin bonnet on my hair at night and over my hair during the day when it's covered with a crocheted hat (tam) to protect from the cold air. After 3-5 days, I unbraid my hair and gently separate each section to create a braidout style. I can usually wear it like that until it's wash-day again. Check out my fotki to see the end result...

Hope this helps!!

Everytime I try to do a braid out, it dosen't come out the best. Do you do them small ? Or it dosent mater what size I do them.
  • kejournerkejourner Registered Users Posts: 180
    queenj wrote: »
    kejourner wrote: »

Did you cornrow them down?

the 2 bottom rows in the back are braided down, but the rest are just plaits.
    last perm 4/07, BC 3/08, currently trying to grow out hair.

Check out my fotki www.fotki.com/kejourner
    no password required

Hope this helps!!

How would you maintain the style throughtout the week? Do rebraid at night?
  • ajnaajna Registered Users Posts: 494

Oh man your hair is sooo cute!!
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/
  • alsaxonalsaxon Registered Users Posts: 734

Hope this helps!!

Um! I do believe you are my hair twin!!!
    Album: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/alsaxon/Hair/

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  • cassadie3cassadie3 Registered Users Posts: 506
    wow! I really liek your braidout results! how small are your braids?
    :::::::joie de vivre:::::::
    last relaxer: November 2008
    big chop: November 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    4a, fine, dense, teeny weeny coils with low porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file