How to prepoo

MslizziaMslizzia Registered Users Posts: 600
Im just curious as to how some of you ladies prepoo. Do you just cowash the next morning or do you actually clarify with shampoo?

Also, what do you use as your prepoo?
Do you completely saturate your hair in it? Like dripping or just enough to have a good coat over it?

I tried using coconut oil and don't get me wrong, i love it with my DCs but it is to expensive (12.00 a jar) to saturate my hair with it so i use olive oil instead because that cost me 15 bucks but its a REALLY big bottle.

Chime in at n e time!

Comments

• blessedhimeblessedhime Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    Pre-pooing for me involves co-washing the night before to get out any styling products that I may have used for teh day. Then, I add a little moisturizer to my hair as it dries. When it's fully dried, a add some vatika oil, afroveda prithi bodhi oil, amla oil, jojoba oil or even JBCO to my strands. I don't soak the hair but I put just enough so that every strand is covered.The next day, I just use my shampoo bar and wash. :pl: It's a very simple process.
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyhersheygirlcurlyhersheygirl Registered Users Posts: 475
    For me I simply add whatever oil I choose to my scalp and hair ( not soaking but if you put you hands in it will be greasy ) the night before I use my shampoo bar; sometimes I use my shea butter mix as well.
    On a side note where do you purchase your coconut oil that seems a bit pricey to me I get 14ozs at wholefoods for 6.99 and it's organic unrefined virgin.

event.png
  • MslizziaMslizzia Registered Users Posts: 600
    For me I simply add whatever oil I choose to my scalp and hair ( not soaking but if you put you hands in it will be greasy ) the night before I use my shampoo bar; sometimes I use my shea butter mix as well.
    On a side note where do you purchase your coconut oil that seems a bit pricey to me I get 14ozs at wholefoods for 6.99 and it's organic unrefined virgin.

Mine is a 16 oz from GNC. Also organic and unrefined
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    When I prepoo I just use oil and saturate my hair, do a scalp massage, then wash the next day. I haven't gotten my shampoo bars yet (AfroVeda and HairVeda), but I haven't noticed any buildup with just cowashing, and my hair has been super soft.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • mzmillionmzmillion Registered Users Posts: 874
    Here is tonidaley showing how she pre-poo's:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S4OxIJTyQk

Here is me, doing her method:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcaY6Yfb8Z8

hope that helps
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• CoilyHairedBeautyCoilyHairedBeauty Registered Users Posts: 52
    1. Create 4 quadrants on dry hair
    2. Coat midshaft and ends in condish/evoo
    3. Let sit, or not....
    4. Get in shower, and shampoo scalp without rinsing the treatment

This way, my hair never feels the effect of what I'm washing with. It just comes out clean and soft.

I don't use sulfates, but if I did, I wonder if they'd even bother the prepoo'd hair, since I don't rinse that out. :laughing1:
    "authenticity is true beauty."
    http://youtube.com/user/CoilyHairedBeauty
    Celebrating 5 Years Natural | 3 years Napptural! :hello1:
    Hair Hates: Proteins and Shea Butter :pukeright:
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I use anything that has a high oil and glycerin content as a pre-poo. Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter cream, Qhemet's Olive Honey balm, Wet Set Pudding, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Honey-Hemp-Conditioner-p-860.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-honey-hemp-conditioner]Oyin Honey Hemp[/buylink] are the one's I've used.

I shampoo regularly in my routine.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file