what went wrong?

hypnotichypnotic Registered Users Posts: 613
i had great success with my braid out until this morning

last night my hair was fluffy and soft but a little dry from the cold wind

i lightly sprayed some Tui Leave-In Conditioner cleaned my scalp with aloe gel and rebraided my hair with QB Burdock Root Cream

this morning i had stiff hair and the fluffiness was gone. it felt lifeless.

ive used all three things before but something obviously went wrong

i wonder if it was glycerin in the CD and QB products?

The ingredients:
Tui Leave-in
Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Nettles Extract, Rose Flower Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Delphinium Consolida Flower Extract, Clover Extract, Vodka, Ceteth-20 Glycerin, Water, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin And Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl.

Burdock Cream
Distilled Water, Olive Oil, Extracts of Burdock Root, Nettle and Oatstraw, MSM sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Wheat Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Vitamin E, Lactic Acid, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin, Essential Oil Blend.
Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
Cowash Conditioner:
Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    How long have you been using the Tui leave-in? I tried the Black Vanilla one, and had to return it to Sephora because it made my hair SO HARD that I had to cowash again.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • hypnotichypnotic Registered Users Posts: 613
    since october but i dont use it often

i was only using it on my twists so perhaps i didnt notice the effects?

hmm crazy im going to have to wash AGAIN this weekend which i was trying to avoid
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    That might be it...I also applied mine to dry (attempting second day hair) and when it dried my hair was like a helmet. I live in a dry climate, but still use glycerin at times, and seriously none of them ever made my hair feel that hard.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file