CurlTalk

I'm doing it...

wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users
I just made the appointment for 11:30am. I don't plan to go THAT drastic. I think i just want to bring it up to more of a bob. My hubs told me last night he has always loved my hair angular. So I'll probably have a little of that going on.
NO ONE knows. Except my favorite wavies:)

Comments

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users
    I like wavy hair cut a little longer than chin length in an inverted bob. I think that's a cute cut.

2007+BET+Awards+Arrivals+rFvSJoiW3Tol.jpg

Something like this. Maybe a bit longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyQMomCurlyQMom Posts: 203Registered Users
    I love that cut wavy! I have actually been noodling doing a big cut and bringing my BSL up to a longish bob. I can't wait to see your pics!
    Sulfate & Silcone Free since July 2009
    2C-3A normal to high (ends) porosity, medium texture, lower end of med density
    Currently experimenting with Water Only Washing and dropping stylers

Negative on: AOHR, mineral oil
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurlyQMom%2F" class="Popup
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users

Ya. See if they can individually cut some curls at the bottom. If you get a blunt straight cut in that shape it's going to look all triangular.

Once your hair is styled and curly, you can hold the scissors in a more vertical position and individually clip some curls at an angle so the curl wraps around more.

Picture a "C" if you were to angle the scissors in the middle of the C, from the outside, in a vertical position (angled a little bit so the tip is facing in toward the inside center of the C), it would make the scissors cut the inside of the curl shorter, which would make the outside of the curl loop around more.

If that makes ANY sense at all. Sometimes I do this when I get home if I get a professional cut. I do this randomly and spaced out around the bottom of my hair. It breaks up the bulk at the bottom so there isn't that clump of curl that sits on top of each other at the bottom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solidgoldsolidgold Posts: 1,485Registered Users
    ...waiting for pics...
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
  • dark_wavesdark_waves Posts: 611Registered Users
    solidgold wrote: »
    ...waiting for pics...

+1
    FIA: 2b/cFii
    normal porosity
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users
    It's DONE!! i really can't believe I did it. I love it. I just styled it and OMG it was CAREFREE. I can actually wash and go with this style. It's a little shorter than i had anticipated , but my stylist did say my short layers were shorter than Ginnifers.
    Go to my fotki:)
    Love it! I love the cut. (It looks a lot like mine, hair sister!)

How refreshing!
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
    It is refreshing. I feel more me right now.
    So... hubs still doesn't know. My stylist told me to put some sexy undies on with high heels (you know because i have no $$$$$ ) so i plan to do it. I wonder if he'll crack up at me. I hope i don't break a leg. Should i come to the front door looking like that or call him upstairs???
    I would say do NOT attempt high heels on stairs after your recent tumble, wavy.

Plus, it's probably too cold to be traipsing about in just panties and heels. What can I say, I'm more practical than sexy.
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
  • EuterpeEuterpe Posts: 144Registered Users
    It looks great, wavy!
    CG since 11/24/09
    2-something! F-Mii, Med porosity

Currently trying -
    Co-wash : V05 Free Me Freesia
    Rinse-out : Garnier Triple Nutrition
    LI : Garnier Sleek and Shine
    HETT mousse and gel
  • E2eE2e Posts: 246Registered Users
    Oh call him upstairs....:angel12:

I made my appt too, getting it cut on Saturday at 1pm :headbang:
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
    it's actually lau-gerr-a (ha) and i obviously can't spell it;) i was however able to spell undies;)
    anyways, I dug some sexiness out:)
    E2e-- what are you getting done?
    I'm so jealous! I wish my hair stayed wavy when that short. My hair practically looks straight when it's that short :pale:
    normal porosity
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Posts: 900Registered Users
    Dark, mine gets straightish when it's that short, too. WE'll just hang out at collarbone length together. :)

Wavy, it looks GREAT. It's about the length I started at 2 months ago. Wish mine looked like that so I could go short again, haha.
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
  • ValcurlValcurl Posts: 300Registered Users
    I love it. Think the shorter cut seems to suit your face shape more than a longer style. AWESOME!
    Curl Pattern:2b Texture: medium
    Porosity: med to high Density: med Elasticity: normal
    Lowpoo: (2x/wk) Shea moisture retention/ Mop C
    Cowash: Mop C/ AHRC
    Deep cond: Darcy's pumpkin seed condish/ SS deep
    Leave in: CJ curl assurance condish
    Stylers: SS CEJ, CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Hair hates: JC rockin' ringlets/CJ CIAB/AG recoil
    Hair loves: super soaking/ protein/ ACV rinses
    mod CG since 7/09 :love7:
  • FroggiloreFroggilore Posts: 141Registered Users
    Definately call him upstairs. And when you you're clothed again we want PICS of your hair. I'm really needing a wash and go style.
    Hair type: 2a/b, medium to fine texture, medium to high porosity (I think!)
    Routine: Occasionally wash with Lavender baby shampoo. CO wash with Garnier triple nutrition conditioner, use a nickel sized blob as a leave in, scrunch out a little water, scrunch in some aloe gel (FOTE), then scrunch in some Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (BRHG). Plop with a backwards turbie twist for 10 min - to overnight.
    CG since 23 May 2009! (with some minor slips)
  • mom2e3mom2e3 Posts: 73Registered Users
    And just when I start thinking about growing mine out again, you come in with this FABULOUS cut! It looks so great on you. Thanks so much for linking to your pics! Have fun.:love5:
    Mostly sure I'm a 2b/Mii
    Just starting out (and brining the entire family along for the ride):
    CO-wash...V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie
    Rinse-out Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Moisture Works for Dry or Damaged Hair
    Leave-in Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream Sleek and Shine
    Gel...Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel
    Wish me luck!
  • E2eE2e Posts: 246Registered Users
    it's actually lau-gerr-a (ha) and i obviously can't spell it;) i was however able to spell undies;)
    anyways, I dug some sexiness out:)
    E2e-- what are you getting done?

I'm getting a Deva Cut, my hair is wicked long past BSL (Bra strap length) when it gets that long it gets stringy...So i'm doing whatever she things is best. With he exception of chopping it all off. I want the proper cut for my curls. Not the typical blow out my curls cut and hope for the best...

E
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • FroggiloreFroggilore Posts: 141Registered Users
    Sorry I'm brain dead, just re-read and found the fotki. I love it. Now I want mine short... Darn it. I was growing out too.
    Hair type: 2a/b, medium to fine texture, medium to high porosity (I think!)
    Routine: Occasionally wash with Lavender baby shampoo. CO wash with Garnier triple nutrition conditioner, use a nickel sized blob as a leave in, scrunch out a little water, scrunch in some aloe gel (FOTE), then scrunch in some Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (BRHG). Plop with a backwards turbie twist for 10 min - to overnight.
    CG since 23 May 2009! (with some minor slips)
  • CurlyQMomCurlyQMom Posts: 203Registered Users
    I love it!! Ditto on the now wanting my hair short.

I think you look lovely!
    Sulfate & Silcone Free since July 2009
    2C-3A normal to high (ends) porosity, medium texture, lower end of med density
    Currently experimenting with Water Only Washing and dropping stylers

Negative on: AOHR, mineral oil
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurlyQMom%2F" class="Popup
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    love the cut wavey, looks gorgeous! :D
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
    Do it, DO it!! it is the most care free cut i've ever had. I just showered and let it air dry and it actually looks ok. I mean i could go out and be fine with it, and it sorta does a flip up:) The curl is pretty much out, but when i style it is there a bit of it. I'm just happy to not have to spend an hour on something that most of the time didn't look all that great.
    And let's just say, i've never seen my husband so happy! he loves it ... well he loved the whole "look", if you catch my drift.
    thank you for all the sweet compliments:)
    Do it, DO it!! it is the most care free cut i've ever had. I just showered and let it air dry and it actually looks ok. I mean i could go out and be fine with it, and it sorta does a flip up:) The curl is pretty much out, but when i style it is there a bit of it. I'm just happy to not have to spend an hour on something that most of the time didn't look all that great.
    And let's just say, i've never seen my husband so happy! he loves it ... well he loved the whole "look", if you catch my drift.

Smart man :geek:
    normal porosity
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    dark_waves wrote: »

Smart man :geek:

+1. LOVE IT!!

And you probably want to put this technique in your notes---so if you go a little gaga at Marshall's or Ross you could just make it all better :happy4::angel2::angel2::angel2:
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • AKgirlAKgirl Posts: 341Registered Users
    I love it! It looks great! That's the length I like my hair when I get it cut short.
    2a-2bFii NP?

Low poo: Deva Low-Poo, Jessicurl GLS, Moroccanoil Volumizing Shampoo, Aveda Be Curly
    Condish: Cure Care, Redken Body Full, Deva One C, and Jessicurl Aloeba
    LI: Aveda Be Curly Style Prep <3
    Products: Deva FFVF & Jessicurl Spiralicious (LOVE), TRESemme Curl Boosting Mousse
    Hairspray: Aussie Sprunch, TRESemme Curl
    locking Spray
    Experimenting with lots of products in my cabinet...

My hair loves protein, plopping, and diffusing! Trying to find a way to style and air dry.
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    He'd be a silly man if he didn't love it.

You look fabulous, Wavy.
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    Wow, it looks awesome!
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Its totally cute wavy! BTW I'm stealing your little hair clip style in your fotki too ;).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users
    LOVE IT!! That cut is SOOO you! It is stylish and cute all at the same time. I'm so jealous because my hair doesn't lay right when it is short. :sad2: I'm actually growing mine out because I get more curl, but I wish that I could do short! I think I have a "short hair" personality! And it would certainly be easier to take care of with all the running I do....

I, as always, have serious hair envy Wavy. I just love your hair.:love5:
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders