We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

The Official State of the Union Thread

Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
I'm watching it now....

What are you guys thinking about it?

He's in the intro... sounds like more political rhetoric....

He's never been more hopeful:scratch:
subbrock wrote: »
- don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr


Comments

  • cakj99cakj99 Posts: 575Registered Users
    I think they should make EVERYONE hold their applause until the end. This thing could have been over in 30 minutes. We don't need to know how everyone feels about each point he makes. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out anyway. :tongue:
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    *LC* wrote: »
    I think they should make EVERYONE hold their applause until the end. This thing could have been over in 30 minutes. We don't need to know how everyone feels about each point he makes. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out anyway. :tongue:
    I feel you but I think as a speaker... you like reassurance lol. If you think you said something funny or profound or just hit a point you thought ppl would agree with... I think you'd like the feedback.

    But I agree... all the applauding wasn't necessary.

    I wonder how the media is gonna spin it and how the public is gonna take it. I also wanna see what the dems took from it and what the republicans took from it.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

    www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr


  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Do you guys find some things odd about the Republican response?

    -All of the unanimous applause
    -The diversity shot framing of the Governor
    -Kinda patronizing

    It's very well staged. Like "Remember this? This is what legitimate, American politics are supposed to look like!":scratch:

    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

    4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    What made me giggle was how the Republicans gave a standing o for anything involving either tax cuts or "USA is number 1" stuff. Also, Nancy Pelosi's blinking was pretty annoying; I'm sure she can't help it, but it was really distracting.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas


    My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    What made me giggle was how the Republicans gave a standing o for anything involving either tax cuts or "USA is number 1" stuff. Also, Nancy Pelosi's blinking was pretty annoying; I'm sure she can't help it, but it was really distracting.
    LMAO hahahaha omg Nancy's Blinking is hella weird!!!
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

    www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr


  • mandatoryfunmandatoryfun Posts: 878Registered Users
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    What made me giggle was how the Republicans gave a standing o for anything involving either tax cuts or "USA is number 1" stuff. Also, Nancy Pelosi's blinking was pretty annoying; I'm sure she can't help it, but it was really distracting.
    LMAO hahahaha omg Nancy's Blinking is hella weird!!!

    I saw this video after Bush's SOTU in January 2007, and I couldn't decide what was weirder: how much Nancy Pelosi blinks, or how little Dick Cheney blinks!
    CG since 07/26/09
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,371Registered Users Curl Novice
    I really wanted someone to staple Pelosi in her chair.

    I thought the laughter after the 'transparency' remark was pretty good.

    His attack on the SCOTUS was unconscionable and condescending. That's never happened before. He also didn't recognize the visitors sitting with Michelle, although he recognized (looks like embarassed her a bit). That came across as the only genuine moment in the whole thing.

    Pathetic. But he is a good speaker. TOTUS looked very spiffy too. ;D
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

    s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file