Helemet Hair

cassadie3cassadie3 Registered Users Posts: 506
Any bikers on here? I bike to work every day and am always struggling with how to incorporate a morning wash and go routine that will survive beneath a helmet....

any suggestions??
:::::::joie de vivre:::::::
last relaxer: November 2008
big chop: November 2009
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4a, fine, dense, teeny weeny coils with low porosity

Comments

• sara-barasara-bara Registered Users Posts: 4
    i'm probably not gonna help, but maybe try leaving your hair up, and quickly add a bit of spray gel or something to get volume, and then style your hair at work. it would only take a couple minutes, right?
    who knows, maybe that would work and you will have non-flat hair for work!! :afro:
  • Miss LynxMiss Lynx Registered Users Posts: 27
    I'm curious about that too. I bike regularly, though less so in the winter because, well, I live in Canada. :)

What I've generally done is just put my hair in a ponytail, but I'm not sure how compatible that is with trying to do the Curly Girl thing. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on trying to avoid putting extra pressure on your hair or pulling it straight, so I'm not sure if ponytails are allowed or not. I'm thinking of trying just doing a very loose one, enough to keep my hair out of my face when I'm riding, but not to pull it back too much...
    Hair type: 3a (fine "Botticelli curls", a little less than shoulder length).
    CG Status: Mostly CG since Feb 25 - it's still kind a work in progress.
    Currently using: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner as both co-wash and leave-in, and Aussie Instant Freeze gel. Have almost entirely kicked the blow drying habit now, and finally gotten the hang of that clipping thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file