Want to make my own acne body wash...

buckeyebuckeye Posts: 129Registered Users
What soap base would be good to use? Would castille soap be doable, or too drying? or would it be better to use an all natural, unscented shampoo?? or can someone recommend a good, unscented, dye-free body wash??

TIA!!
:toothy7: on my CG journey since 10/31/09
**2-3ish mix/coarse/med-high porosity/v thick/graying, color treated
cleansers: CJ DF
co-wash: TJ TTT/Suave DC
rinse out/treatments: YTT/YTC/HSH Pumpkin/CJ CR/AO GPB
Stylers: homemade FSG/HETMS spray
:thumbleft: pixiecurl diffusing in winter, air drying in summer, Icequeen method, combing right before plopping
:thumbdown: glycerin, panthenol, heavy oils, diffusing in summer, Suave Cherry Blossom co, gel :(

Comments

• taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    Dr Bronners baby mild castile soap (with the light blue label) is suppose to be a pure castile soap free of chemicals. You can add tea tree oil or whatever oil you prefer for your specific needs.
    If you've been using regular soaps till now, it will be quite drying for the first few weeks , that happens when switching from ordinary soaps to natural soaps, as it takes a while for the skin to get used to start producing its own natural oils. If you can refrain from using body lotions during that time, after about a month you will notice the dryness will pass and there will hardly be a need to apply body lotion.
    I use this soap as a shampoo as well (with a bit of shea butter added to it ).
  • buckeyebuckeye Posts: 129Registered Users
    taltal wrote: »
    Dr Bronners baby mild castile soap (with the light blue label) is suppose to be a pure castile soap free of chemicals. You can add tea tree oil or whatever oil you prefer for your specific needs.
    If you've been using regular soaps till now, it will be quite drying for the first few weeks , that happens when switching from ordinary soaps to natural soaps, as it takes a while for the skin to get used to start producing its own natural oils. If you can refrain from using body lotions during that time, after about a month you will notice the dryness will pass and there will hardly be a need to apply body lotion.
    Thank you for the info! Too funny - I picked up a sample of the Dr. Bronner's baby soap at Target on Wednesday :D Looks like I made a good choice ;)
    :toothy7: on my CG journey since 10/31/09
    **2-3ish mix/coarse/med-high porosity/v thick/graying, color treated
    cleansers: CJ DF
    co-wash: TJ TTT/Suave DC
    rinse out/treatments: YTT/YTC/HSH Pumpkin/CJ CR/AO GPB
    Stylers: homemade FSG/HETMS spray
    :thumbleft: pixiecurl diffusing in winter, air drying in summer, Icequeen method, combing right before plopping
    :thumbdown: glycerin, panthenol, heavy oils, diffusing in summer, Suave Cherry Blossom co, gel :(
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    buckeye wrote: »
    taltal wrote: »
    Thank you for the info! Too funny - I picked up a sample of the Dr. Bronner's baby soap at Target on Wednesday :D Looks like I made a good choice ;)

You're welcome, hope it works well for you.
    A little tip. Shake the bottle well before use. It will turn the watery soap into a nice creamy textured soap. Remember that only very little is needed, just a few drops at a time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file