CurlTalk

Molasses ???

I picked up some molasses today as I've read that it is better for my dark hair as honey will lighten it over time. How do I go about using the molasses, how much, how often, does the type of molasses matter? I see that there is Fancy Molasses and Cooking molasses, I picked the cooking kind but if anyone who has any experience with molasses could let me know before I do my hair tonight it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I've never used mollasses, but I use honey every day. I mix it, up to 50/50, with my conditioner in my hand before applying it.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • FrizzyandFranticFrizzyandFrantic Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thank you Bailey422,
    Do you rinse this out and then apply your leave in?
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 585Registered Users
    I use the honey, too, but never molasses. You can use it mixed with your regular daily conditioner and rinse it out, or you can add a drop or two to your leave-in conditioner and leave it in.
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.

Used to be CG, now I'm not. Using Suave Aloe & Waterlily shampoo & condish, JoiWhip, BRHG, Suave Aloe gel, Aussie Tizz No Frizz, and anything else that looks good!
    My Myspace!
  • blackhoney112blackhoney112 Posts: 126Registered Users
    I used it during my pre-poo, I do a hot oil treatment then cover the hair with molasses like a mask. Blackstrap molasses helps with breakage HTH :)
    3c/4a
    Transitioning
    Following C&G method
    Fav products: Kenra MC, Misskey 10en1, VO5 moisturemilks, ACV rinses, Rhassoul clay & WGO
    pw: Romeo
    My hair album