CurlTalk

Silicon mix conditioner

MochachinoMochachino Posts: 191Registered Users
Has anyone used Silicon Mix. It is a Dominican conditioner. Members over at long hair care seem to love it. How does it compare to Biolage conditioner?
I've got a pair of ruby slippers that I don't wear much anymore
And if I had the nerve I'd click my heels and return o the wonderland I knew before
Alana Davis "Crazy"

Comments

• hypnotichypnotic Posts: 613Registered Users
    i used it i think back when i was on nappturality

um it was just ok people raved about it (shrug)

i havent used biolage i use curl junkie deep fix or elasta qp dpr 11 (which i still cant find on the ground)
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • afrikurlafrikurl Posts: 736Registered Users
    If your hair likes cones... you may LOVE it. I do. beware the second ingredient is mineral oil. I haven't tried the biolage. If that's something that you already have and like, why not keep using it?
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I tried the silicon mix pearl which is protein, the nice thing about this is the mineral oil does something so you hair is not so hard and I did not have to DC after, a rinse conditioner was fine.

I have also used the Biolage conditioner and I do like it. I tend to like the biolage line, I find this product delivers consistently.

If I had to choose I would use the biolage.

• NaturallyNikéNaturallyNiké Posts: 364Registered Users
    Its the best thing ever created for my hair:occasion5: ....my hair loved it when I was texlaxed back in the day...but my natural hair just loves it...the softness and delightful smell lasts for like a whole week:happy2:....
    Niké (Nee-Kay):nike:

My world of curls
    2hchy5z.jpg3C/4A,Fine-Meduim,Thick, Lo Porosity

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Flilnicka4u2nv%2F" class="Popup

Leave-in/Moisturizer: Giovanni Direct Leave in
    Sealants:EVOO, JBCO, Crisco
    DC:Matrix Condtioning Balm,Giovanni SAS,Honey, Glycerin
    Shampoo:Dr.Bronner's Castile soap bar
    Styler: Flaxseed,DM Miracurl, SheaMoist Smoothie, OYH S&D