CurlTalk

I know it's a month away, but...

My brother invited me to a Halloween party and I'm having a hard time picking a costume. Before anyone asks... no, I don't thinki any of these will be over the top because my brother is going as Hugh Heffner and there'll be a 48 year old in a skimpy Bat Girl costume.
TIA!

punkfairy.jpg

snowcostume.jpg

nun.jpg

misslay.jpg
2C/3A -- wurly!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    I voted for Naughty Nun before I saw the pictures --- Punk Fairy!!!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    Love the Punk Fairy!
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • On Livejournal everyone seems to like Snow White.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    I voted for Snow White.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,499Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    another vote for Snow White... it'll be GREAT with your colouring!

all you need is some MAC Rage lippie and you'll look fantastic!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Is that Alyssa Milano as Miss Lay? :lol:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users
    Is that Alyssa Milano as Miss Lay? :lol:

Hmm... that does sort of look like her!
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    I think the Snow White one is HOT. Punk fairy just confuses me (WTH is a punk fairy?) and I don't really like the costume, and the other two don't seem to be as nice (quality speaking) of costumes.

You'll look smokin' as SW!
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    is the party at Hef's?
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

• SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I like Punk Fairy because it's different from the traditional!
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    None of the above.

They're all cute for a night IN with the SO, but I wouldn't be caught dead in public dressed that like. Not to mention, my husband wouldn't let me out of the house dressed like that. :lol:
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    ughhh this board is going to drive me crazy. :evil:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • outtahereouttahere Posts: 343Registered Users
    I voted for the nun one, but I like the punk fairy, too. People may have a hard time figuring out what you are with the fairy costume, though. I've never heard of a punk fairy. I dunno, I don't have the guts to wear either one!
    Ok I know this is going to sound f'd up but why not try looking sexy instead of trampy. Instead of showing T and A,show one or the other. I know you can't sell the goods unless you put them on display :wink: but why not try something like these. They show off your figure but leave something to the imagination.

ip014580.jpg

ip015673.jpg

ip015214thumb.jpg

ip016253.jpg

ip011529thumb.jpg

Crossing my fingers these work.

Malcolm X
    YolyC, what is that supposed to be?? I'd be worried about taking somebody out just trying to walk around with those wings on.
    YolyC, what is that supposed to be?? I'd be worried about taking somebody out just trying to walk around with those wings on.

It says "fallen angel" I think it's sexy. JMO :D

Malcolm X
    YolyC wrote:

It says "fallen angel" I think it's sexy. JMO :D

I like it! I have the model's hair color and skintone, and normally don't go for gray, but that doesn't look bad. I couldn't handle the wings, though, and I'm too petite for it. But, it would be great for a taller person.
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users
    I knew someone would eventually pass moral judgement! I know trampy may not be everyone's bag but that's how I typically dress for Halloween. No one who knows me will be shocked by any of these outfits.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    I like the nun pic that YolyC posted :twisted:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I knew someone would eventually pass moral judgement! I know trampy may not be everyone's bag but that's how I typically dress for Halloween. No one who knows me will be shocked by any of these outfits.
    LOL. Those are definitely not shocking. :D
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users

trampy schmampy

.. and none of those are even that trampy compared to what's out there.

Bah, it's only one night. If you've got it, flaunt it. I wouldn't wear any of those - only becuase people would barf. Ten years ago, I could totallyrock them, and I would've picked the punk fairy.

Now, I do like that fallen angel one too.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Well, I wasn't passing judgment. but since you seem to think I am, think what ever you want. For the record I'm only going by your past posts in other threads. You want to dress like a tramp, and act like a tramp. Don't be surprised when people consider you a tramp. You want to be considered one, so be it.

Malcolm X
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If I have to choose one of the first 4 (for someone else, no one wants to see that much of me at my age), I would pick Snow White.

For me, I'd take the long Fallen Angel. Love it.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    YolyC wrote:

Well, I wasn't passing judgment. but since you seem to think I am, think what ever you want. For the record I'm only going by your past posts in other threads. You want to dress like a tramp, and act like a tramp. Don't be surprised when people consider you a tramp. You want to be considered one, so be it.

Haha... I act like a tramp. Awesome.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users
    YolyC wrote:

Ouch, this is really uncalled for. :shock: This is not very nice at all, especially the bolded part.

I vote for the punk fairy.
  • LucilleLucille Posts: 588Registered Users
    The first one, only because it has the least baggage. The last one screams, "I'm a conceited biyatch." The nun one doesn't really look like a nun. It looks like a dominatrix with two pieces of nun-wear. If you want to go with "sexy" nun, it should at least sort of look like a nun. The Snow White one is just bothersome, mostly because there are real costumes out there for that, that don't show your azz. So it's obvious that the entire goal is, in fact, to show your azz.

As for the passing judgment, I think you misunderstand. I don't know that anyone really cares who you're bangin' or how often. And since nobody cares who and how often you are having sex with, it just seems a little strange that you seem to want to advertise to people who don't care who and how often (and in at least one instance, in which orifices) you are having sex with. Add to that the fact that you are now asking for opinions on outfits that look less like Halloween costumes and more like Fredrick's lingerie, and people will get the impression that you want us all to think you are slutty, as if such is some difficult accomplisment.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I like dressing trampy on halloween. I think it's fun to wear something you would never even consider wearing the rest of the year. And if someone is going to consider me a tramp for something I do on one night, then that's not someone who's opinon I care about. However, if I was always dressing trampy I would expect that people thought I was a tramp, and that would bother me.

As far as the costumes go.....YAWN. Why not try to come up with something slightly original, and buy various pieces and put them together yourself? If you go to a club on Halloween you are gonna see at least 5 or six each of the fallen angels, slutty fairlytale characters, trampy nuns, etc. And most will be in those exact outfits. If you're gonna do a played-out idea, I suggest you at least put it together yourself so it has some pizazz! (Last year I was Batgirl. Yeah, not too exicting. Except I was "Batgirl, the TV version". I attached big "word bubbles" cut out of foamboard paper to my purse that said Zap! and Wham!).
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote:
    I like dressing trampy on halloween. I think it's fun to wear something you would never even consider wearing the rest of the year. And if someone is going to consider me a tramp for something I do on one night, then that's not someone who's opinon I care about. However, if I was always dressing trampy I would expect that people thought I was a tramp, and that would bother me.

I don't think anyone would think you were trampy JUST because of a costume.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote:

As far as the costumes go.....YAWN. Why not try to come up with something slightly original, and buy various pieces and put them together yourself? If you go to a club on Halloween you are gonna see at least 5 or six each of the fallen angels, slutty fairlytale characters, trampy nuns, etc. And most will be in those exact outfits. If you're gonna do a played-out idea, I suggest you at least put it together yourself so it has some pizazz! (Last year I was Batgirl. Yeah, not too exicting. Except I was "Batgirl, the TV version". I attached big "word bubbles" cut out of foamboard paper to my purse that said Zap! and Wham!).

About the bolded portion, in this instance, I gotta agree with Yoly and Lucille and it's not about "one night."

Your second paragraph - ITA. Those costumes are boring, if anything. You going to a party or a club and you're going to see those same ones ALL NIGHT long. ITA that you need to think of something original.
    :rambo: