CurlTalk

Haircut today!! *updated with curly pics*

curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
I'm so excited!! :blob7: I haven't had my hair cut in over a year and I'm getting several inches chopped. Just thought I would share! I'll try and post some pics of the after or send the link from my salon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Comments

• AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    Yes pic's are a REQUIREMENT! :laughing7:

Good Luck!!!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users
    Yippee! have a blast. Definitely NEED to see after pics, definitely:)
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    I'm really excited for you! Have fun!
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I love haircut day! I love the scalp massages, having someone else wash my hair, the way my hair springs to life after a good cut! Have fun!
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • EuterpeEuterpe Posts: 144Registered Users
    Threads like this make it soooo hard to resist going to get my hair cut. I love it too and always get excited.

Good luck, can't wait to see pictures!
    CG since 11/24/09
    2-something! F-Mii, Med porosity

Currently trying -
    Co-wash : V05 Free Me Freesia
    Rinse-out : Garnier Triple Nutrition
    LI : Garnier Sleek and Shine
    HETT mousse and gel
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    So its definately short! I had it her straighten it for a number of reasons so I'll have to take a separate photo of it when I finally do it curly. I'm hoping it looks cute like some of you shorter curlies! I posted an older photo of my hair close to the length it used to be as a "before". If you can't see, my hair was about BSL there.

Before...(don't mind the cute girl with me, that's my little one ;) )
    meandgabby.jpg

Aftah...

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

CUTE! I can't wait to see it curly:)
    Ugh. So I thought I would post back with curly pics. I have decided I'm not really liking my cut. I was hoping for a cut similiar to wavywonder or LC but I think I was a little too specific about keeping the layers longer so when I grow it out it doesn't look bad. But oh well, it is hair and it'll grow back. Oh and it doesn't help that my DH called my hair "mom-ish". :sad2:

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

• kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    I think its cute!! Especially when its wavy!
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Posts: 900Registered Users
    I think it's cute, too.

If your hair is mom-ish, than so is mine. And I don't think mine is. :)
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
    cute! and I am being honest it looks better curly:) lol to a mom cut. I'll show a mom cut and sure as heck isn't that cut:toothy10:
  • mom2e3mom2e3 Posts: 73Registered Users
    Oh definitely *not* a mom cut! It looks great curly (I like it better like that, too). Maybe you just need a day or so for the curls to settle after the initial weight off? It looks like a terrific cut. And you're eyes are fabulous!

I'm cracking up at your comment ("oh well, it's hair, it'll grow back"). I think with all the bad haircuts we curlies have had over the years (and your cut today is NOT one of them), we've developed hair detachment!
    Mostly sure I'm a 2b/Mii
    Just starting out (and brining the entire family along for the ride):
    CO-wash...V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie
    Rinse-out Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Moisture Works for Dry or Damaged Hair
    Leave-in Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream Sleek and Shine
    Gel...Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel
    Wish me luck!
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    mom2e3 wrote: »
    Oh definitely *not* a mom cut! It looks great curly (I like it better like that, too). Maybe you just need a day or so for the curls to settle after the initial weight off? It looks like a terrific cut. And you're eyes are fabulous!

I'm cracking up at your comment ("oh well, it's hair, it'll grow back"). I think with all the bad haircuts we curlies have had over the years (and your cut today is NOT one of them), we've developed hair detachment!

:laughing2: Too funny and VERY true!

FWIW I think it looks very cute..it looks similar to XCPTNL's hair and I love her hair!!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    I have to say I definately like it better curly which wasn't always the case when I had it longer. I have alot less frizz and more definition too. Thanks for all your support ladies! You make me feel so loved! :love5:

• hookilauhookilau Posts: 269Registered Users
    gasp!
    he said WHAT????!:sad5:
    Once upon a time I would've appreciated that kind of honesty from my husband.....once upon a looooong time.
    I like the cut, you look really cuuuute!:thumbright:
    Following CG
    fine, medium-low density :confused5:
    protein loving, porous, elasticity ?

Co-wash: Tresemme Perfectly Undone
    LI/RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Stylers: KCCC, AG recoil, CurlKeeper, As I am curling pudding
    Protein treatments: Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, and Colorful neutral protein filler

Loves: aloe, glycerin & polyquats even in neg dews
    :happy3: