What does your wet hair look like?

Seeing the wet hair pics in many of the albums made me wonder; am I the only person whose wet hair doesn't look that different from their dry, product-less hair?

I mean, the hair is a lot softer and smoother, and feels lighter, but apart from the very back which gets more defined, most of it doesn't look that different.

I hear a lot of people say their wet hair is their dream hair. What is yours like?
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Posts: 381Registered Users
    If I do my hair the right way, my curls are defined and very clumpy, with a lot less volume than my dry hair. I love my wet hair (I also love my dry hair, too, though). And obviously it's longer because of the weight of the water and it's less frizzy.
    3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: http://photobucket.com/albums/a119/CrazyCurlyQ/

Password: curlomania
    (albums are on the lefthand side)
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    My wet hair is practically straight, especially in the back. It waves a bit in front. It sticks to my head all over.

When it dries, the back gets wavy, the front gets curly, and I have volume like whoa.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • HippieChicHippieChic Posts: 252Registered Users
    I never know what my hair is going to look like until it's dry. When wet its practically straight.
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    My wet hair is very wavy but doesn't curl much except at the ends. It's also very stringy. My dry hair.. well you can see that in my fotki :wink:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    i love my wet hair. its darker, less poofy, and you can see my length better!
    3b-3c CG
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    blush wrote:
    i love my wet hair. its darker, less poofy, and you can see my length better!

Me too!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like my wet hair, but it has no coils, only s-waves. I like my length better wet, but my hair has to dry and shrink to coil up
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    My wet hair is a little less curly than my dry hair. The roots stick flat to my head and if I don't do something about that when wet, it will be that way when dry too.

As it dries the curls spiral up more at the ends and I get more volume (not enough but more! :lol:) :)
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    When my hair is straight out of the shower wet (no product) it is flat and straight. No frizz, yay! But when it's wet with product in it it's flat on top but has nice waves.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When wet, my curls are stretched-out, skinny, and stringy. As they dry, they form spirals and twine around each other. I get more volume as my hair dries, but it's never plastered down. When it's about 75% dry, it looks very dull and frizzy, but looks good (if I say so myself) when totally dry. I'm not sure why this happens. I always have to remind myself that my hair will look better after another hour.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I didn't see an option "looks like a drowned rat," so I voted for the flat option. My hair is fine and I don't have that much of it, so when it's wet and stuck together, I look absolutely pathetic.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, my wet hair without product in it appears less curly, and stuck to my head. Now after I have a chance to apply product to it while it is still wet, my curls become more defined with a little more volume to it as well.
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    jeamaria wrote:
    Seeing the wet hair pics in many of the albums made me wonder; am I the only person whose wet hair doesn't look that different from their dry, product-less hair?

I mean, the hair is a lot softer and smoother, and feels lighter, but apart from the very back which gets more defined, most of it doesn't look that different.

I hear a lot of people say their wet hair is their dream hair. What is yours like?

My hair doesn't look that different between wet and dry either. Only differences are that the back looks longer and my hair has movemment (so it's lighter, I guess). Otherwise, it looks pretty much the same, especially in the front.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    my hair looks almost straight when wet except for the front out of control pieces
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I have looser waves, more big curls and more length with wet hair, and also have no or very controlled volume. It is my dream hair, no question. There's not a dramatic difference between wet and dry, but my dry hair has tons more volume and the curls in the back and very bottom back get smaller.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    I actually picked other. Seems my hair didn't really fit any of the options.

It is much less curly, more clumping, much less volume.
    It looks very different wet from dry.

• DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    My hair is slightly wavy and sexy ( I think!) when wet. When dry the front is mainly spirals and the back is wavy. It looks neater and sexier when wet, but it is curlier when dry and I like it better that way.
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Mine's flattter than flat, vaguely wavy and more clumpy when wet. Dries to a frizzy mix of 3a/b, more stringy undefined curls, ringlets and waves.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    when wet my hair is a bit looser, and a lot longer, it doesn't really stick to my head but there isn't much volume to it either but when it's about 50% dry it starts to shrink up, and puff out.
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
  • snap catsnap cat Posts: 72Registered Users
    I have zero volume when my hair is wet, usually no frizz, and my curls will clump well (only if I brush after applying product). Immediately after brushing they are quite straight, but within a minute or two they start to spring back up.

I don't like how it looks when wet because I like volume (well more than when wet anyway), but I do like the way my curls often look more like waves (think 2c). If I had naturally 2c hair I would grow it really really long. As it is, at this weird frizzy 3b (with bits of 3a in the back) I can't keep it long because it looks awful.

You 2's long for 3 hair. I long for 2c hair :lol:
    3b? Who knows!!
    Very modified-cg.
    Current likes: Too Shea!, WDT, Curls Milkshake, Re:coil, Curls Spiral Cream, CCSS, - not all at the same time :D
    pw: miaow - updated 2006-10-04
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Hi!

I LOVE my hair when it's wet. The curl formation is great - it always starts to frizz more as it dries (I don't touch it at all while diffusing). I just hate going around all day w/ wet hair when I air dry. It takes pretty much 1/2 the day to dry :(

Kim
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    My hair is curlier when wet. Not fair. :(
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • b1dd5b1dd5 Posts: 87Registered Users
    hmmm my hair is V curly and V defined when its wet. Ill try and get some piccies on my album soon so ya can all see
    Album: http://public.fotki.com/b1dd5/
    Password: curlywurly
    With your curly hair,fun personality,and cuteness in general, you could wear underpants on your head and still look good.
    Very cute. those big juicy curls haa... i love em :P
  • DumbelinaTheDaftDumbelinaTheDaft Posts: 93Registered Users
    My hair is absolutely gross when wet. It's completely straight, stringy, and it hangs right in my face. It's also been frizzy when wet lately, which is something that's never happened to me before. Ugh. I'm glad that my dry hair looks better than my wet hair.
    2c/3a
    Love: Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Boots, BRHG
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    My hair is really stringy, and just has a wave to it when its wet. I definitely prefer my dry hair! ~~jax
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote:
    When wet, my curls are stretched-out, skinny, and stringy. As they dry, they form spirals and twine around each other. I get more volume as my hair dries, but it's never plastered down.

That seems like a good description for me too.
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
    hehe some wet piccies on my album if ya fancy a look as a picture certainly paints more than 10 of my words! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    With your curly hair,fun personality,and cuteness in general, you could wear underpants on your head and still look good.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    When my hair is dry it looks nothing like it does when wet- they might as well be two different heads of hair. When wet it's stringier, with zero volume. It's not nearly as curly because of the weight of the water, and it's pretty smooth. There's a stage somewhere in between when it starts looking frizzy and kind of weird, but that goes away once it's dry.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    hehe some wet piccies on my album if ya fancy a look as a picture certainly paints more than 10 of my words!

You have really cool roll-y curls :). In the wet pics it seems they are shinier and lose some of their texture and I guess they are skinnier too.

BTW, did I just see some David Hasselhoff pics in your album?

***edited for miss spelling bidd5's hero's name :D ***
    jeamaria wrote:

BTW, did I just see some David Hasseloff pics in your album?

Thanks for compliments... Yes you did see David hasselhoff. He is my hero and also has curly hair! hehe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file