The "Share" Button

~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
Would you be open to moving it over to the left side of the page or in the middle or to the bottom? It's difficult to avoid, then it sometimes stays active, and I can't click on whatever is under it.

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
Cowash-V05 Extra Body
L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
JFLVM
BRHG mix w/
KCCC/KCKT (winter)
Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix

Comments

• CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Would you be open to moving it over to the left side of the page or in the middle or to the bottom? It's difficult to avoid, then it sometimes stays active, and I can't click on whatever is under it.

Thanks!
    I totally am on board with this!

Sometimes it won't go away and I can't do anything under it.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes; it's driving me nuts, too.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is insanely bothered by that little bugger. And when I say "insanely", I really mean it! :confused2:

I'm not sure that simply moving it will solve much, though. Can it be redesigned somehow so if you need it, you have to click on it? As it is now, simply rolling your mouse pointer over it opens it up. As much as I try to avoid that, it's really, really difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippychichippychic Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    omg! it's driving me nuts too :sad2:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Curl Neophyte Posts: 659Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yep, it's annoying as hell. I just thought I was being anal retentive again.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Amen! I hate it.

It's in too "busy" an area. Move it over to the big white space under Member List, amidst less-commonly-used tabs, maybe? Or up between "Welcome, xxxxx" and the grey member sign-in section. Even better, to the bottom somewhere.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • solidgoldsolidgold Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,485Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Me too! Glad the OP said something!
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
  • JusduitJusduit Curl Neophyte Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :blob7: Yes, pleeeease move it anywhere except where it's at now.
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • SpiralliSpiralli Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree, I would like to see it moved into the white space below the grey welcome/sign in/sign out area. I like it toward the top of the page. I use Quick Links a lot and Share definitely makes too much interference for QL.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • wild~hairwild~hair Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Amen that!

They actually don't need to move it, they just need to make it onmouseclick rather than have it be onmouseover as it is now.

If they want to keep it onmouseover, it definitely needs to move to the bottom of the page.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Curl Novice Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Please, please fix this. It's SO annoying. Every time I move the mouse to right to scroll down or go to click the next page of a multi-page thread, the share box pops up.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • OnduleeOndulee Curl Connoisseur Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They actually don't need to move it, they just need to make it onmouseclick rather than have it be onmouseover as it is now.

+1
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Don't care which way they remedy it, I just want to be able to scroll, click on a page number, or search without the blasted thing getting in the way!

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    It's now making me homicidal.

Make it stop. Please. :protest:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so sorry, everyone! I'll ask smart guy to make it on mouseclick sted onmouseover RIGHT NOW.

But it will cost you each one "share" to have it done! lol! Just kidding! But we really are grateful for your help in sharing news of NC. :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I'm sorry I didnt' see this note for so long, too.

Feel free to send me a note, anytime, when you don't get response in a thread: [email protected].

Smart Guy and I are working on it right now!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Ok, onmouseover is GONE.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Yay!

:wav:

Thanks Gretchen!
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Yay!

Thanks Gretchen!

You're welcome. I'm sorry I missed this thread for so long.

But kudos to Kevin, aka Smart Guy!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • solidgoldsolidgold Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,485Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Much better! Thank you!
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
    Thank you, thank you!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • SpiralliSpiralli Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    :wav: for Kevin/Smart Guy! Thank you!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • JusduitJusduit Curl Neophyte Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen wrote: »
    I'm so sorry, everyone! I'll ask smart guy to make it on mouseclick sted onmouseover RIGHT NOW.

But it will cost you each one "share" to have it done! lol! Just kidding! But we really are grateful for your help in sharing news of NC. :)

I was a little slow :scratch: on this one Gretchen, but I get it now....HAHA very funny!! And thanks for listening!
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
    Jusduit wrote: »

I was a little slow :scratch: on this one Gretchen, but I get it now....HAHA very funny!! And thanks for listening!

Absolutely. This is YOUR community, after all.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Yay, it's fixed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Ok, onmouseover is GONE.

Thanks so much! I missed this and didn't think about it anymore because, well, it wasn't a problem anymore!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file