New Member - not new to curly hair craziness!

Hi y'all! As you can see from my screen name, I'm a hair abuser! Not only do I typically shower twice a day (once in the morning, once after the gym), I straighten, brush and blowdry the heck out of my hair! Until recently I've been able to get away with the hair abuse.

Unfortuantely, I was recently diagnosed with a thyroid disorder that has my hair in quandary! Its still curly, but only when it feels like it! I no longer have the spirals I once enjoyed - it sort of bends but doesn't do what I consider curling. Does anyone have any suggestions (or better yet miracle products) that will help me avoid hair loss and damage due to hormone changes and that will fix some of the damage that I continue to inflict upon my poor mop?

I'm currently using DevaCurl (LoPoo and OneCondition). But again, I'm using them twice a day. Is that counterproductive?

HELP! : )

Comments

• AlexaAlexa Posts: 208Registered Users
    Hi & welcome!

I don't have any answers for you regarding the hormone changes sorry.

You may have answered your own question to some degree, maybe lay off the heat styling a bit. Do you have to wash your hair every time you shower? that can be drying even if you do seem to be using good products.

Maybe some of the members' pictures will inspire you to let your hair have its naturally curly way, mine is still a work in progress but there is some beautiful hair on this site!

Good luck & enjoy looking around.

Alexa x
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    Golden brown (coloured to cover grey).
    Low poo: Dr Organic, L'Oreal Everpure.
    Conditioner: Dr Organic Argan Oil.
    Leave In: Aussie, Curl Harmony.
    Gel: Curl Keeper Original, Umberto Gianni.
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    Hi twoshowers.
    I also have thyroid problems and between that and past pregnancy hormones, I lost A LOT of bulk and curl. One thing that helped me was getting a shorter layered cut. Also, once my thyroid was regulated, my curls slowly starting returning. HTH.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file