CurlTalk

Best ceramic hair straightener?

jenanjenan Posts: 1Registered Users
I came across this comparison web page on the different hair straighteners out there. I have been thinking about a CHI but after looking at this I don't know.

Best Ceramic Hair Straightener

Does anyone have a recommendation between a CHI vs. a Sedu?

Jen
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    i think solia and chi are equal. it depends on what hair you have. i am going to get the sedu because its rated best.
    3b-3c CG
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    I haven't tried the others but I looooove my Solia. My hair gets stick straight but still has volume. It locks in the moisture enabling me to wear my straight styles for a week at a time with few touch-ups.
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users
    The best flat iron that I have ever used in the past is the Solia. I got mines from folica.com.
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • *Jane**Jane* Posts: 18Registered Users
    Sedu vs. chi?

Chi.

I am also hearing great buzz about the Solia though.
    3d4a-z Coily [x-dry]-
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    I've never used a Chi or a Sedu, but the Solia works really well. I also got mine from folica.com. They also have reviews. Solia is a great choice.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    this thread is very important to me, im torn between ordering a Sedu or a Solia this coming tuesday. Im totally split 50/50. My number one concern is to limit damage as much as possible. I use heat protectants and all that good stuff. Ladies, any and all input on your opinion son these two flatirons is so helpful. I have thick 3c curls, which have a tendency to be pretty dry, so they are already fragile. TIA!
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • cloverclover Posts: 16Registered Users
    I wish I had seen this before I purchased the Maxiglide last weekend. I would have just invested in the Sedu instead. My daughter wants her hair straightened for picture day and i can't get her to the salon this week so I'll be doing her hair instead. I wonder if i should return the Maxi for the Sedu?
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.