Wish us luck, please!

cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
Aidan is having tubes put in his ears and having his adenoids removed tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about the anesthesia. He could use your ts, ps, whatever... Thanks.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good luck to Aidan!

It'll be over before you know it, and all will be well. :)
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck Aidan and Mama! Let us know how it goes.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    We're home! As others have said, the worst part was waiting for the anesthesia to wear off- he was disoriented and crying and trying to fling himself around. It's bee about 3 hours now, and he seems like nothing ever happened. Let's hope he's not too wired to need a nap- mama's been up since 4.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Poor baby. It's so sad when they cry when they're disoriented. I'm glad all went well and he's home. He'll sleep. He'll probabl crash all at once.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Yeah, I put him down about 20 minutes ago because he was acting like a wild man, and despite the big smiles and the "no nap,mama!", he's asleep.

He cried for longer than any of the other babies- he actually didn't really completely calm down until he realized we were leaving. After a while, though, I could tell that he was getting his bearings but that he was pi$$ed- he wanted the IV out of his hand and he wanted milk (which the nurse gave him). I felt bad for him because he really could not be comforted but it really didn't go on for more than an hour... he woke up at 9 and we were in the car by 10, and he didn't cry while he was drinking his milk (about 10 minutes). He was really hoarse when he first woke up, but his voice sounds like itself now.
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    Our oldest daughter had tubes at a year and a half and then her tonsils and adenoids out about 10 months later. And honestly, combined, those procedures completely worked a miracle on her health-wise. No more ear infections, no more snoring and disrupted sleep (she was waking about 10-15 times a night, probably had some apnea). We were pretty apprehensive because she was so young (under 2), but I wish we had done this even earlier.

I hope you see success too!
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Aw, poor little man. I hope he feels better soon. Tubes made a huge difference for DD. Hopefully, they'll do the same for Aidan.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file