How long should we wait...

shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
after a miscarriage before start trying to conceive again? Is there anything I should be doing to help things along? Anybody had any experience with this?
Fine, very porous 3a
Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal

Comments

• NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    You should ask your doctor. My doctor told me to wait until after my first period after both losses, but some like others to wait longer.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    Thanks. I know I *should* go to my doctor, but to be honest I just can't sit through another inquisition: "how are you holding up?" "are you depressed?" "how is your marriage?". Its exhausting.
    Fine, very porous 3a
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My aunt had a m/c in the second trimester and was told to wait 3 months before trying again.

I had a loss at 12 weeks, had one cycle, then got pg again.

I think it depends on how far along you were and how healed your body is, as well as the causes for the m/c.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Most docs will tell you to wait at least til your next cycle, but preferably 3 months, to allow your body to heal and replenish it's maternal stores. However, I've known many women who just went right back to it and got pregnant immediately and had a healthy pregnancy without problems. You're extra fertile right after a loss, so you might want to consider it if you're feeling up to it.

Good luck whatever you decide.
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    Thanks RCW, I was kind of hoping you would chime in with your medical knowledge :)

Cynamin: I have no idea what the cause was (which makes me worried it will happen again), I was not very far along, actually I had only just found out I was pregnant, then all of a sudden I wasn't.
    Fine, very porous 3a
  • kg91308kg91308 Posts: 327Registered Users
    The exact same thing happened to me. I found out I was pregnant and then 3 days later... I wasn't. We waited one cycle and started trying again, but have not had any luck so far :( This was in September. Good luck!
    Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to! :toothy10:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I forgot to say (and meant to) I'm sorry for your loss.
    We didn't know why for either m/c I had (and the mean nurse flushed when she wasn't supposed to so we couldn't do testing on the second). I don't mean to be inconsiderate but sadly, most of the time we just don't know. The causes are many and varied. I was told it's ok to try again when I felt comfortable.
    Sometimes doctors take a previous m/c seriously when a woman gets pg again, sometimes they don't. I hope when you get pg again that you will have peace.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, m/c are very common and it doesn't mean there is something necessarily "wrong" with you. Sometimes it's just bad luck which sucks when you're the one who has to go through it.

I think it really depends on how far along you are.
    I had a loss at 5 1/2 weeks and got pregnant immediately afterward with my son. That loss was just like a heavy period. We're not sure why that loss happened.
    Last year, I had a loss at 12 weeks and required a
    D & C to remove the fetus and other tissue. Testing showed that the baby had a chromosomal defect. I was 36 at the time so my chances of having a chromosomal defect were higher but it was basically just crappy luck again since so many women over 35 have healthy babies.
    After that I was told to wait 2 cycles before trying again and I did. My body needed to heal after the procedure. And I also needed the time to heal emotionally.
    We're pregnant again and so far, things are going well (thank God).

Aside from letting yourself heal physically, it's important to take the time to heal emotionally if you need it.
    I wish you luck.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file