Help! My hair is damage from flat ironing, but i'm protein sensitive

Lovestoread22Lovestoread22 Registered Users Posts: 33
Hi, i'm sixteen and i blow dry and flat iron my hair for every single week since 3 months ago and still doing it, and i notice that my hair is damage but i'm protein sensitive, and i live in asia so at school i feel like weirdo because i''m the oonly one in my class that has curly hair i'm 3a by the way, so my question is; what should i do with my hair? I've heard that protein helps damage hair but i'm protein sensitive, so what should i do with my hair cos i dont think i can stop blow dry and flat iron my hair, here's my routine; after i sulfate free shampoo and conditioner my hair, i put some heat protectant and blow dry my hair straight than flat iron it i know it sounds weird but my hair look greater when i blow dry my hair befoe i flat iron it, so what should i do people? Please help me
Dont live in US having trouble to find right products cos there are only few sold here
2c/3a
Hair damage by blow drying and flat iron weekly
Protein sensitive
CG mod since 01/09/2010
Shampoo; sebamed children shampoo sulfate free (a little unsure if the shampoo is sulfate free)
Conditioner; burt bees sugarbeet
DC: burt bees shea repair (but not really works for me though)
english is NOT my first languange so please bear with me if i have offend you by my choice of words

Comments

• PJsMomPJsMom Registered Users Posts: 173
    well, the majority of us blow-dry before straightening, i know it's necessary for my hair. Also what you may have to do is give your hair a break. I'm not sure what access you have or that your mother/father can give you to get to a salon just to get the professional help that you may need to jumpstart a healthy hair regimen.
    3c/4a

BC - 25 July 2006
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
    From my experience, a trim is the only way to go. You can't undo damage and heat styling will damage your hair- there's no way around that. All you can do is cut off the damaged ends.
    3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
  • misscurlygirlmisscurlygirl Registered Users Posts: 28
    yeah, it sucks. everyone who flat irons gets split ends faster than those who don't. the next time you decide to flat iron your hair, you can conceal/hide the split ends, (your hairdresser may do this for you), or mend them together with product and maybe the split ends will be less visible? I do that a lot when i want to keep my length.
    But they'll never completely go away until you cut them off.
    also, you might wanna try buying Morrocan Oil or getting a keratin treatment. Both lead to softer hair.
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Registered Users Posts: 900
    Potentially unrelated, potentially not: if you're not using a sulfate shampoo, it's possible you could be getting build-up from the silicones in your heat protectant (because most heat protectants are have lots of 'cones). This build up could make the damage to your hair seem even worse.
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Registered Users Posts: 793 Curl Neophyte
    I had this same problem, natural and heat damage bad. I grew my hair out to a decent length and cut it off. There was nothing else that could be done about it. I didn't even know what heat damage was before I came to this board. And now I'm scared to touch a flat iron. Luckily I didn't have the split ends issue it was just damaged and limp.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • anonymous_26815anonymous_26815 Registered Users Posts: 65
    asd
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    If you have split ends, I would definitely get them trimmed off.

Your hair probably needs more moisture at this point. You should probably do a deep moisturizing/conditioning treatment at least once a week. I once read that the top 5 ingredients for moisture are:

shea butter
    vegetable glycerin
    jojoba extract
    avocado oil
    aloe vera

There are some homemade recipes for moisture treatments or many store brands.

Here is a homemade recipe:

4 parts conditioner
    1 part honey
    1 part clear aloe gel

Heat in the microwave for a few seconds (10 to 15 seconds) until it's warm, then apply to wet or dry hair (especially the ends). Cover hair with a shower cap, and let it sit for as long as you can (30 minutes to overnight). Rinse out, do not shampoo.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file