The ultimate guacamole recipe ...

Strand-edStrand-ed Registered Users Posts: 8
I'm lookin' for it icon_biggrin.gif

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I don't know about ultimate, but here is mine. I usually do everything by eye and to taste, so the amounts are inexact

3 ripe Hass avocados (if you use bigger ones, use fewer)
    Some ripe good tomatoes 4-5 roma, or fewer if bigger, chopped into about 1/2" cubes
    A couple of cloves of garlic, minced
    1 medium or a couple of small onions, diced
    A handful of cilantro and or parsely, chopped
    Good olive oil
    fresh squeezed lime juice (from 1 or two limes)
    salt & pepper

I like my guac chunky, so I don't mash the avocado. Instead, I cut them in half and remove the pit. Then, while the avocado flesh is still in the skin, I make parallel cuts in it in one direction, then in the other, so I basically cut a fine checkerboard into the avocado half. Then I scoop the flesh out with a spoon, and it comes out in little pieces.

I add the tomato, onion, cilantro, and garlic and mix. Then add a litte olive oil (just a tablespoon or two), then lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. The avocado pieces start to break down a little, making a creamy coating for everything, but still stay chunky.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    mine is pretty much the same. The only difference is that I add a bit of lime zest. I find roma and plum tomatoes give the best flavor. I add the salt at the very end and adjust as needed.

I think i'll make some tonight icon_smile.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file