Stomach after baby comes

Jess2316Jess2316 Posts: 617Registered Users
Hello again, I know I've been bugging you all with questions but the baby is 11 days away!!!

Anyway, what will my stomach be like after the baby comes? Will it be all flabby or still kinda hard or shrink down a little? Not that I really care that much, I'm just curious more than anything :)
3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Do you mean right after you have the baby? It will be smaller but still pretty big. You will likely still look pregnant, just not full term. Anywhere between 3 and 6 months. It takes a while for your uterus to shrink down to its regular size.
    As for what it will look like eventually, that is really hard to say. It varies greatly.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • Jess2316Jess2316 Posts: 617Registered Users
    Yes I was talking like the first few days after the baby comes. I just don't know what to expect and was curious! As for long term..I sure hope I can get back to near what I was pre-baby.

If I look 3-6 months right after that would be fine with me..I didn't show too much till the last month or so
    3a fine hair (I think)

• Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Plan to wear maternity clothes for a few weeks after the baby is born.

I bounced back pretty quickly after #1, with little to no effort. Of course I didn't look as good as I did pre baby, but I wasn't exercising so I really couldn't complain.

After baby #2 it's a totally different situation. I have about 10-15 pounds to lose and it's ALL in my belly. I started exercising, but now I'm officially on a diet because I can't take this belly anymore. It's been two years and I'm nowhere near looking like my old self.

Pregnancy has ruined my hair and my body.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    geeky wrote: »
    Do you mean right after you have the baby? It will be smaller but still pretty big. You will likely still look pregnant, just not full term. Anywhere between 3 and 6 months. It takes a while for your uterus to shrink down to its regular size.
    As for what it will look like eventually, that is really hard to say. It varies greatly.

Yes, to the bold. Eating habits, exercise and GENETICS. I realy think my genes played a major role, because I'm not a fan or the working out.

After 3-4 months I felt I looked good again. I think I was back to my regualr old self at 9 months. Tummy looks pretty much the same.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Trenell wrote: »
    After 3-4 months I felt I looked good again. I think I was back to my regualr old self at 9 months. Tummy looks pretty much the same.

This was me too.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Okay, I still looked 9 months pregnant after I left the hospital with Addison despite Addison weighing 9 pounds. In fact I had a lady ask me the week after I had her when I was due. :) My husband thought I was going to kill her...she will probably never ask that question again.

I wore my pregnancy jeans probably for 2 months afterwards...I've slowly starting working my weigh down. It took over a year to loose my Addison weight. Now I'm working on losing my Chas weight. I will admit however I have not exercised and that would probably help.

Anyway, I doubt my stomach will ever look the same...it has a ton of stretch marks from both pregnancies...I would love to be about 10 pounds and a lot more toned.
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Jess2316 wrote: »
    Yes I was talking like the first few days after the baby comes. I just don't know what to expect and was curious! As for long term..I sure hope I can get back to near what I was pre-baby.

If I look 3-6 months right after that would be fine with me..I didn't show too much till the last month or so
    You don't want to bring your pre-pregnancy pants to the hospital with you. It's the rare woman who can wear them the day she leaves the hospital.

You probably won't look like you did when you were 3-6 months pregnant. Your uterus isn't the only thing that's stretched. Your abdominal muscles have as well, and it takes a while for them to tighten again. Your belly will look pregnant, but will not feel firm anymore since there's nothing in it. It will probably feel very jiggly for a while, but that doesn't last. It takes some women less time and some more, but it does go away (as long as you take care of yourself).

Eat right, take it easy in the beginning if you need to, and do some mild to moderate exercise once you feel up to it. Be gentle with yourself and don't expect to look the way you did before you were pregnant right away. For some women, that never happens even when they lose all their pregnancy weight. Pregnancy changes the shape of your body because some of your bones shift and those changes are often permanent.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My belly has been wrecked since my first baby. I had a horrid c-section where they cut me vertically, and I've had a large separation between the muscles ever since, so I was never able to get it flat again, no matter how much weight I lost or how many sit-ups I did. Three subsequent large pregnancies didn't help matters. It's a big flabby ball of empty skin with a contracted scar down the center...it looks like a second butt. I call it the "sub-continent". I'm hoping to have a tummy tuck later this year.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I probably looked like I was 6 months pregnant when I left the hospital, but what really surprised me was how jiggly my stomach felt. I don't know what I thought it was going to feel like, but I certainly didn't think about it being jello-like.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    FieryCurls wrote: »
    I probably looked like I was 6 months pregnant when I left the hospital, but what really surprised me was how jiggly my stomach felt. I don't know what I thought it was going to feel like, but I certainly didn't think about it being jello-like.

When I was back driving after having my son, I remember driving down a cobblestone street like "WTH!!!"
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Trenell...can I just say I hate you & stuff...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users

When I was back driving after having my son, I remember driving down a cobblestone street like "WTH!!!"
    That was the weirdest thing! When we brought the kids home from the hospital I spent the whole time in the passenger seat holding my stomach because it would jiggle like crazy at the slightest bumps in the road.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Nallia wrote: »

That was the weirdest thing! When we brought the kids home from the hospital I spent the whole time in the passenger seat holding my stomach because it would jiggle like crazy at the slightest bumps in the road.

Me, too. Speed bumps and pot holes were brutal for a while.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    My belly fortunately went down pretty quickly so I was able to wear my regular pants/jeans home. The squish factor though took a while to get back to normal, probably more like 6-7mo :p
    It's different for everyone, I'd bring both maternity and regular comfy pants because you won't really know until you're "there".
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Everyone's definitely different, but I think most people still look slightly preggo after having their baby. And I'm pretty sure EVERYone is flabby and jiggly for awhile.

I'm 6 weeks post partum today and my belly is almost back to normal. Well, normal for this weight, not back to what it was pre-pregnancy. I gained a lot of weight so I'm bigger all over right now than I was when I got pregnant. But I have been this weight in the past and my belly's about the same as it was then really. Maybe a tiny bit flabbier.

I actually didn't look very pregnant after having Ava. I was mostly just really flabby and stretchy, but not still all pooched out. I talked to a girl who's baby was 1 day younger than mine when Ava was 6 days old and I was shocked at how big her belly still was. I think I would have probably bounced back really fast had I not gained excessive weight. Oh well. Now I know. And I bet my next pregnancy, I'll gain the right amount but not bounce back so fast, lol.
    DPTFm5.png
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    A day or two after my delivery, I was walking down the hall in the hospital and someone asked me if I'd had my baby yet or not. :angryfire:

You may still look pregnant, but it goes down pretty quickly as your uterus shrinks over the next few weeks. Don't put too much expectation on yourself about getting into your pre-pregnancy clothes quickly. It takes some time but it will happen.

If you have a cesarean, you can get a lot of gas trapped inside you that can make you look bigger too.

I still have loose, flabby skin though and I'm pretty sure my belly button will never recover.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • CurlyCarrieSCurlyCarrieS Posts: 200Registered Users
    I coudn't help but laugh at the flabby belly comments. I remember just staring at my belly after having my son. I would just grab that extra skin and just jiggle it. I don't remember it bothering me when driving but I also didn't really go anywhere and our car drives really smooth. Nothing could bother me as much as base in music did while I was pregnant. I hated that feeling so much.

As soon as my son was out and they were doing their thing with him the two students that were observing were like 'wow her stomach is flat already'
    I lifted my head to look at it and I thought, "That is not what it looked like before I was pregnant!"
    I had a little flabby saggy pooch. It's been a little over 10 months and my stomach back to normal. I am back to my normal jeans.

I liked my butt after being pregnant but that's gone!

edit:
    Trenell, your son is just too handsome! I absolutely love his hair. I can't wait to see what my son's hair is like once it gets longer. It tries to curl now but it lays flat by the end of the day. My husband's hair is just like mine.
    CG since10/26/09
    Co-wash Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom
    Leave-in Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom (Just a little before adding La Bella Max Hold Plus Volume Styling Gel.)
    Just bought Olive Miracle Leave-in Conditioner to try. I used it to scrunch out the crunch and it smells wonderful. (05Jun2012)
    Fotki pwpics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I made the mistake of bringing a fitted pregnancy tee to the hospital to wear home. I still looked 9 months pregnant, except, yes, it was jiggly. On the way home, I had to go get a prescription filled and someone asked when my baby was due. :sad7:

But later on, I lost the weight, my tummy shrunk, the stretch marks faded. All that was left was some extra wrinkly skin.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Right after, my stomach was very soft and jiggly feeling. That went away, but it has never recovered back to my pre-baby self. I still have some loose skin, like this. I've mostly accepted it.

5447.jpg
    ehLB.jpg
  • Jess2316Jess2316 Posts: 617Registered Users
    Oh man that jiggly stage is going to drive me CRAZY. I hate the feeling of jiggling. I'll probably have a lot too since the only way people know I'm pregnant is from my stomach, if you couldn't see that I didn't really change anywhere else..just a big 'ol belly. Maybe it will help that I was in pretty good shape before getting pregnant and had good muscle tone in my stomach (keeps fingers crossed) plus I love to work out so as soon as I can get back to that I'll feel better too. Thanks for all the info everyone..had no idea what to expect. Due in 10 days so I'll find out soon enough!
    3a fine hair (I think)

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm like Sara (and Cindy Crawford). I still have a lot of muscle tone and my stomach is flat, there is just an inch of extra skin around my midsection. In clothes it's not noticeable, but like Cindy, a bikini isn't my greatest choice.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Okay, I still looked 9 months pregnant after I left the hospital with Addison despite Addison weighing 9 pounds.In fact I had a lady ask me the week after I had her when I was due. :) My husband thought I was going to kill her...she will probably never ask that question again.

I wore my pregnancy jeans probably for 2 months afterwards...I've slowly starting working my weigh down. It took over a year to loose my Addison weight. Now I'm working on losing my Chas weight. I will admit however I have not exercised and that would probably help.

Anyway, I doubt my stomach will ever look the same...it has a ton of stretch marks from both pregnancies...I would love to be about 10 pounds and a lot more toned.

that was me too. i had an eye exam scheduled for the day after my due date, so i went in to reschedule it for the following week. when i came back the next week the same receptionist who saw me the week prior asked me if i had had the baby yet or if i was back to rechedule again. :(

i still have baby weight (10-15 lbs) but ive made no real effort to get it off. my stomach is seriously like an empty shell of itself. its jiggly, loose skin with stretch marks. the more weight i lose, the worse it looks. my daughter calls it is an "elephant butt" and i cant even be mad because thats exactly what it looks like.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file