CurlTalk

Scents...

Ive read that men love the smell of things that remind them of food..like vanilla and cinnamon. That these two scents evoke passion and romance. Hence is why its so popular in candles and air freshners. Here is my question. I want to make a shampoo and conditioner that smells strongly of cinnamon but there are no product lines that offer this scent. Im a huge fan of anyting smelling of warm baked yummies!..Sauve had a vanilla line but its not on the shelves anymore and so I thought if I could make my own scent how could I do it?. Can anyone give me some ideas or pointers on how to scent my own product. Id love to smell the aroma of warm cinnamon in a hair shampoo and conditioner.

Comments

• eklecktikaeklecktika Posts: 230Registered Users
    I wonder if BPAL (black pheonix alchemy lab) has any smellies that would work for you?

Their collection is ungodly huge.
    "It's a wonder God suffers so many fools, what with lightening so cheap"~Mark Twain
    Lady Eklecktika Fidens of Caduceus
  • CeriCeri Posts: 142Registered Users
    I've ordered a of different fragrance oils from The Sage .com that I really like. They have one called Cinnamon Bear that you might like (I haven't tried it). They also have lots of fixed oils that are great for hair at good prices.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesage.com%2Fcatalog%2FFragranceOils.html" class="Popup
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
  • Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    I love the scent natural cinnamon. Keep in mind that cinnamon, clove and several others are drying to skin and hair as well as having anti-bacterial properties...
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin
  • KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    I have heard of adding cinnamon to your conditioner, but start with a teaspoon ( it could burn) and keep adding if you can handle it. I heard that it tingles and could stimulate hair growth, however cinnamon can also lighten hair and maybe even add a reddish tint. So, be careful. Make sure you do a patch test first, in case of allergies.