Hair goes limp, then curls?

hi everybody! i've been an undercover cger for the last two weeks! i'm on week three, and very happy with the results.even though my hair feels great on cg...its kind of limp (my hair type would be mix of 2, and 3 types). i was wondering when most of you ladies started to notice more curl definition. i've tried just doing a water rinse and gel...and my hair felt dry...please help, thanks!

Comments

• snap catsnap cat Registered Users Posts: 72
    When you say it is limp, does it feel really really soft but slightly fluffy - like it won't hold any definition?

If so it could be a sign of overconditioning. I found it really weird to begin with that you could actually overcondition your hair - but I've done this recently and found my hair was so soft and lovely to the touch but I couldn't do a thing with it!

Alternatively, you might be putting too much product in afterwards, causing your hair to hang heavily.

Don't try to rectify both these things at once, single one out to experiment around to see if you can isolate the problem.
    3b? Who knows!!
    Very modified-cg.
    Current likes: Too Shea!, WDT, Curls Milkshake, Re:coil, Curls Spiral Cream, CCSS, - not all at the same time :D
    pw: miaow - updated 2006-10-04
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    Oh that happened to me...when I started GC, I had these fat, loose, hangy curls...then they started to clump better and spring tighter...it did take a few weeks for the hair to adjust. A lot of CGer's here have had that experience in the past.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    DominicanaHeat Did you do your CW once a week and rinse in between while this looser curl was going on and then it got tighter?
    I tend to CW daily is why I ask and I know the sebum can't cover the hair this way so I wondered if the once a week only makes a difference
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    Well, I CW every time i wash, but I don't wet my hair in the shower daily; I don't have the time to go through the process every day. So I CW maybe 2 or 3 times a week.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe you're overconditioned? You can use a moisturizing CG non-sulfate poo. People like Isoplus, Paves, and Cream of Nature. They're found at the drugstore in the "ethnic" haircare section.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file