Amazing Beef - super easy

PeppyPeppy Registered Users Posts: 3,290
Sounds yummy! I'm definitely gonna try this one! icon_smile.gif

Comments

• roseannadanaroseannadana Registered Users Posts: 5,633 Curl Connoisseur
    I was recently reminded of this "recipe" and wanted to share it. It's so easy I hesitate to even call it a "recipe"!

Amazing Beef:

Small roast - any cut will do. Cheap works fine - I use boneless chuck.
    24-oz. jar of Greek salad peppers (pepperoncini)
    Garlic - you can either put slivers into the roast or just add chopped garlic to the pot. I just add it to the pot cause it's easier.

Place the roast in crock pot. Dump entire jar of peppers, including juice, over roast. Add garlic. Cook on low for about 12 hours or until the meat falls apart. And it WILL literally fall apart and be so tender. The vinegar breaks down the meat and makes any cut tender and juicy.

I like to stuff pita bread with the beef and chopped fresh tomatoes for a tasty sandwich. icon_smile.gif

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: RoseAnnaDana ]

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • KittenKitten Registered Users Posts: 4
    Yum! I just got a crockpot so maybe I will try this icon_smile.gif
    3bc
    Below bra-strap length (before shrinkage), going for waistlength (after shrinkage)
  • candycakecandycake Registered Users Posts: 10
    Do u think it would be good made on the stove ? I am amazed at how good a recipe site this is.
    3C Just got the BC. Went from 4 inches past shoulders to about 2 inches. love it!!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    This recipe came out great. My DH loved it. I will definitely cook this again only use a bigger roast so that we can have some leftovers. :lol:

Thanks for the great recipe!!!!
  • orangebeachorangebeach Registered Users Posts: 39
    I made this roast as well, and it was really delicious. Thanks for sharing.
    CG since 11/19/03

3-B

Current faves: Elucence M/B Conditioner, Jessicurl DT and Too Shea!, LA Looks Curl Looks Gel, Suave Milk and Honey for condish washing, jojoba oil and coconut oil.
  • msgdfx1msgdfx1 Registered Users Posts: 106
    This sounds yummy. I am definitely going to try this. Thanks for the recipe/
    3C and natural for 5 years:angel10:.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    This recipe looked intriguing so I tried it yesterday. I put the roast on about 9 am on high. Then I turned it down to low a couple of hours later. About 1 it still seemed pretty solid so I turned it up to high again. We ate about 6. I did the pita bread, chopped tomatoes thing, but the meat was very dry. My dh said, "Did you have this on HIGH all day?" and my teen age ds (Mr. Comedian) said, "No, she had it on DRY all day." HAR HAR HAR!!!!! :roll: :lol:

Maudie
  • CricketCricket Registered Users Posts: 205
    I cook roast in the crock pot all the time. I put mine on high for only 3 hrs. and it is done. You may have had it on high too long or not enough liquid with it. I put water with salt or a can of beef both in with mine. After the 3hrs. it is tender, tries to fall apart when I take it out. I also only use chuck roast because it tends to be more tender.
    HTH
    3a fine, thin, loose curls
    http://public.fotki.com/CricketCurl/
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Maudie wrote:
    This recipe looked intriguing so I tried it yesterday. I put the roast on about 9 am on high. Then I turned it down to low a couple of hours later. About 1 it still seemed pretty solid so I turned it up to high again. We ate about 6. I did the pita bread, chopped tomatoes thing, but the meat was very dry. My dh said, "Did you have this on HIGH all day?" and my teen age ds (Mr. Comedian) said, "No, she had it on DRY all day." HAR HAR HAR!!!!! :roll: :lol:

Maudie

I think it's all in how your crockpot cooks. I cooked mine on low all day and it came out perfect. Started around 9:00 and ate dinner around 6:00. The jar of pepperoncini gave it just enough juice to cook in....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I have a tried and true crock pot recipe for roast with potatoes and carrots that is always a hit so maybe I should just stick with that one. Thanks, Ladies, for your input. I appreciate it. :)

Maudie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file