cheap flat iron capable of 220 degrees for keratin

curlsRmecurlsRme Registered Users Posts: 32
I'm looking for a flat iron capable of 420 degrees (sorry my bad in the title i put 220) to do my DIY keratin treatment. I was just at zellers and saw a few conairs and such but none of them said what temperature they heated to. How do I know if these 20-40 dollar straighteners are capable of 420 degrees??

Comments

• burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Sally's definitely. The box will tell you what the max degree is. I know a lot of the Helen of Troy flat irons go up 360, 410, 420, 450 degrees.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • curlsRmecurlsRme Registered Users Posts: 32
    k well the conair flat irons had numbering on the heat adjuster and the highest number was 25. Any idea how hot this is and will it suffice for the keratin treatment? Do most flat iron heat up enough for the keratin treatment?
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    The Brazilian Keratin Treatment requires a flat iron that heats up to 450 degrees. So it depends on which keratin treatment you are applying. Take a trip to Sally's and read what the temp settings are. I had one with max 10 heat setting which was 350 degrees. This information will be found in the pamphlet enclosed with your flat iron. You could try doing an online google search for the ConAir flat iron you saw and try finding what degree 25 is.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file