Dumb question about EVOO and Conditioner DT

Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
I want to mix some evoo and CJ Curl Rehab for an overnight DT. What ratio of evoo to conditioner should I use so that the evoo isn't impossible to wash out? I also have some jojoba oil I could throw in. Help!
http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!

Comments

• generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    I think it depends on how thick your hair is, I have very thick hair and lots of it so I can get away with a big amount of evoo. But from your profile picture I think one or one and a half ts (tea spoon) of evoo is enough for you, you can add as much conditioner to cover your whole hair.
    Also if I use DT with oils over night, my hair absorbs it fine I don't have to worry about washing it out. If I do it an hour or so before I shower then I have to be careful not to over put oils cause it won't have the time to absorb it. So it also depends a lot on how your hair reacts to oils. It takes time to learn how to deal with oils and your hair.
    Mixing oils is fine, in fact jojoba oil is one of the best for curly hair.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have not used EVOO but I've used sweet almond oil...and I did not do this overnight, but only for one hour...so I may not be any help at all. Anyway, I did equal portions of the oil and conditioner (as in the CG book) and I rinsed and used some conditioner mixed with ACV/lemon to cleanse it all out and had no problems. I think the ACV/lemon helped remove the oil. My hair turned out awesome! HTH.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    I ended up going with a simple 1:1 ratio of evoo:conditioner and I did throw in some jojoba oil. It worked really well. See my blog for pics :)
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file