CG photos

curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
I've finally got round to posting some photos!

The top of my hair is verrrry frizzy. Wich I'd wet it down before I took them! :P Any suggestions of how to get rid of the frizz halo will be taken as helpful, not insulting...

Also any help as to what I am would be good. I'd so like to think I was a 3A not a 2C but what do you think? It just hardly seems fair to have grown up hating my curls only to be told I don't even count as a curly!

Btw, the top of my hair is flat in these but occasionly I've been able to get it to wave.
UK curly, 2C/3A
CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Very shiny! Your hair is coming along great :D
  • LizaMarzLizaMarz Registered Users Posts: 193
    hi curlyorwavy! I am new to this whole CG thing so I am not so good at hair typing. I think you def have curls and waves! so maybe a mix of both 2 and 3? I think if you stick with CG it will get curlier as it gets healthy/more mostuirzied. I have seen a big difference in my curls over the weeks. Anyway what are you using for products? I feel in love with Aussie Tizz No Frizz Gel for styling. Wanted something more for extra frizz insurance so to speak and am trying out [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]curl keeper[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] as well as CJ leave in. I def recommend trying all of these out, if you haven't! You gotta play around with products and you can def find something that works for your frizz. I think your hair is looking great! I think the photos of your hair while growing up is so fun! good luck!
    3A, started CG 9/8/06
    trader joe's nourish spa s&c, giovanni la natural gel
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    Are you by any chance using something with protein in it for your conditioner wash? That will frizz me up. Suave coconut frizz's me too which sucks because it sure cleans my hair nicely.

You're hair is looking great!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
    LizaMarz: I guess I should have said before asking for advice: I live in the UK which is also known as The Land Of No CG Friendly Products. We do have some Aussie products though so I'll look out for the one you mentioned.

Medusa: I have no idea what any proteins are called! Here's the ingredients for the conditioner I'm using:

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetrimonium Chloride, Mentha Arvenis (Mint) Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia, (Lavender) Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-39, Citric Acid, Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Limonene, Panthenol, Linalool, Benzophenone-1, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 19140, CI 42090.

Thanks!
    UK curly, 2C/3A
    CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    I think your curls are looking really lovely!! I hope you stick with it! :) I think you're mostly 2c right now, but 3a potential, so now you have to stick out the CG to find out. ;)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    The cellulose thingy is a protein but it's not real high on the list.
    I get some frizz from touching my hair, I know it's bad but it' is so soft now.

Oh and hard water, man I can't believe I forgot that one, hard water can cause frizz. My water is so hard I can barely get a lather from bar soap.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file