Please send great haircut vibes my way for tomorrow AM

SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
It's time. My hair is still a few inches shy of being solidly APL when dry/curly, but it's time for a change. So I am going to hand my HD of 20+ years pics of Melina Kanakaredes and hope that I walk out with even a somewhat close salt & pepper version of her hair. Yeah, I will laugh with you at that tall order. :lol: But my HD looked at her pics the last few times we've cut and said that my hair is very similar to her curl pattern but just thinner. That "just thinner" thing could keep me miles away from getting her "look", but I'm gonna give it a try. So like I said, please send me some great haircut vibes for tomorrow. 8AM Central. K? Thanks!
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Comments

• JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just sent my vibes....hope they get there in time!! :lol:

Good luck! I have no doubt it will turn out beautiful!
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm sending good vibes in advance as I have no idea what time that will be here and could well be asleep! Good luck.
    3b in South Australia.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, I guess that was dorky that I put the time in my post. :glasses7:
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,726Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Good luck with the hair cut! and pics please!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    sending good haircut vibes from the uk! icon7.gif
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm sending belated vibes as I just saw this post. Well? How'd it turn out? Pics, please. I'm sure it's boo-tee-ful! :sunny:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    You ladies are the best! I think your great haircut vibes and good thoughts helped tremendously! This is the first time that I have liked my hair on the same day as haircut!! HD messed with it while it was drying, and I had it loose all day, with my hands in it. The curls are looser here than when I air-dry. Sat under hood dryer for a few minutes today because it was freezing cold out.

Surprised that my curls held up so well given that this is with MGA SG only (no [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] or Gel-les'c). I definitely need to experiment with skipping the curl enhancers -- maybe I don't need them if I use a hard hold gel only. Or maybe I need to majorly reduce the amount of curl enhancer that I use each time. Hmmm....

I asked for face-framing layers and for her to do what she thought was best, keeping as much length all over as possible, but still layering to get rid of the boxy look I had before, and to avoid triangle hair also. I hope I still like it after I air-dry it.

001-4-1-1.jpg

002-13-1-1.jpg
    WOW!!! Just as I thought it would, it turned out beautiful and you look very pleased with it! ;-) I'd be jumping with joy with a haircut like that. :blob7::blob8::blob2::blob5::blob3:
    3a (protein sensitive)

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,726Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair turned out great!! Gorgeous!

And I love your red lipstick! : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Your hair turned out great!! Gorgeous!

And I love your red lipstick! : )

LOL. I actually scrolled back up to look at her lipstick! :laughing4:
    3a (protein sensitive)

Yes, the lipstick is Foto-Bouquet Red. :lol:

Ugh, my hair has not looked as good as in the pic since cutting it. Makes me think I need to get a hood dryer for home (not likely) or go back to using silicones (HD used Pureology shampoo and conditioner). I will keep plugging away. I have been experimenting with plopping, applying products when my hair is more wet or more dry... I am going back to my tried and true routine that I did before my haircut. I must have lost my mind to think NOW would be a good time to experiment. :tongue3:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It looks really good, glad it turned out well for you. I'm sure it'll be back to behaving itself soon, maybe it's just that post-haircut-hissy-fit thing that some hair does.
    3b in South Australia.
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    love it! curls and color are gorgeous!!
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • veganyoginiveganyogini Posts: 31Registered Users
    It looks beautiful!!
  • mom2e3mom2e3 Posts: 73Registered Users
    Cut day looked really terrific. So how's it been since you went back to your old routine?
    Mostly sure I'm a 2b/Mii
    Just starting out (and brining the entire family along for the ride):
    CO-wash...V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie
    Rinse-out Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Moisture Works for Dry or Damaged Hair
    Leave-in Conditioner...Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream Sleek and Shine
    Gel...Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel
    Wish me luck!
    It's been OK. I don't love my hair with a side or center part, so I've been combing it back when wet and then sort of helping it fall slightly to the side when it dries. I actually think I need a few more layers towards the front, even though the bit I have drive me crazy falling loose when I put my hair back in a ponytail or bun. But I have little clips to help hold those shorties back.

Overall, definitely glad that I cut some layers towards the front.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file