CurlTalk

What is your NATURAL**************Hair color

Is it true that people with naturally 'black' hair is less ccommon then blonds and brunettes? I read this somewhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2F7788%2Fhair-growth-ultra-n%2F" class="Popup
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    very dark brown. i always ask people if my hair is black but nooo it just had to be very dark brown. two more words for me to say.. and type. :roll:
    3b-3c CG
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I think that truely back is more common that natural blonde, but less common than brunette.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I voted brunette. I'm a mousy, boring ash brown.
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • DumbelinaTheDaftDumbelinaTheDaft Posts: 93Registered Users
    kimmyc wrote:
    Me too. Le sigh.

I used to dye my hair a lot. Red always stuck around forever. Dark brown faded within two weeks. I can't remember the last time I dyed my hair red, but you can see that the ends are still reddish. I even dyed my hair dark brown on top of that, but the red refuses to fade. No worries, though--I like it better than my natural color.
    2c/3a
    Love: Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Boots, BRHG
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    kimmyc wrote:
    Me too. Le sigh.
    Me three. :lol:

Actually, I like my hair color. It is plain brown most of the time, but it can look almost blondish in some lights and almost reddish in others. It used to look a lot blonder when it was long.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    kimmyc wrote:

Me...as well. :D I think. I've highlighted and/or colored my hair for so long I'm not really sure.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I think that natural black hair is very common in most asian countries. Likewise, natural blonde hair is common in scandinavian countries and certain european countries like germany and poland.

In the US, my hunch is that most women have some shade of naturally brunette hair, especiallly judging by robust sales and use of hair dye.

My hair is naturally a very dark brown.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    life~curls wrote:
    I think that natural black hair is very common in most asian countries. Likewise, natural blonde hair is common in scandinavian countries and certain european countries like germany and poland.

Good answer. I was only thinking of an American context. Bad girl on me!

When I was living in southern Italy, I never saw a natural blonde unless she was foreign born.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    kimmyc wrote:

Mine too. The only reason I dye it is b/c it's so mousy.

I think actual black hair is not very common. Most people have a dark brown hair, that can look black, but really isn't.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Posts: 381Registered Users
    I also read somewhere that no one actually has true black hair, it's just dark dark dark brown. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

Anyways, I have dark brown hair.
    3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa119%2FCrazyCurlyQ%2F" class="Popup

Password: curlomania
    (albums are on the lefthand side)
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    I was born with yellowish blonde hair that darkened to a dirty or dishwater blonde color.

I personally love dark hair

Blonde hair is overrated in my opinion. :D
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    i also read the definition of brunette and it was "dark hair" so technically black is brunette :?
    3b-3c CG
    blush wrote:
    i also read the definition of brunette and it was "dark hair" so technically black is brunette :?

Brunette can be used that way, but lately (with all the color-enhancing products) I've heard it being used to describe any shade of brown, even light brown.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    I also read somewhere that no one actually has true black hair, it's just dark dark dark brown. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

My hair is black..Absolutely no highlights in the sun just shiney black hair, no brown to it at all. My Mother also has black hair, but we are the only ones in the family. Everyone else has very dark(almost black) brown hair..
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2F7788%2Fhair-growth-ultra-n%2F" class="Popup

Unless this is like the visual equivalent of certain sounds that only canines and humans can't hear, I have seen plenty of naturally black hair. I also have seen plenty of every other color of hair, natural or otherwise :wink:

Among the NC community, there is someone with the most gorgeous 3a/b hair who never adds any chemicals or heat to it and she has what appears to be naturally black hair. I think that she is latina. I can't remember her name, but started a thread raving about her hair once. She is shy with extremely beautiful hair and a gorgeous face too.

Among celebrities with naturally black hair, I think of Zhang Ziyi, Lucy Liu, Gong Li, etc..

Not all asians have naturally black hair, but the vast majority of them do.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

life~curls wrote:
    Among the NC community, there is someone with the most gorgeous 3a/b hair who never adds any chemicals or heat to it and she has what appears to be naturally black hair. I think that she is latina. I can't remember her name, but started a thread raving about her hair once. She is shy with extremely beautiful hair and a gorgeous face too.

Muñequita? :)
    Previously Joy4ever.
  • curlyteachercurlyteacher Posts: 21Registered Users
    My hair is very dark brown but not exactly black. Lately though, I would call it "beige" because the gray and overprocessed highlights have taken over!
    3a/ 2c- this week?!?!? On the quest for perfect curls and a HG ;)
    Joy4ever wrote:
    life~curls wrote:

Aahhhh, YES. Munequita - hair to die for, and appears to be naturally black, almost blue black. Perfection :wink:

life~curls wrote:
    Joy4ever wrote:
    life~curls wrote:

Aahhhh, YES. Munequita - hair to die for, and appears to be naturally black, almost blue black. Perfection :wink:

And she said she thinks her hair is boring.

I would kill for hair that boring! :lol:
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Joy4ever wrote:
    And she said she thinks her hair is boring.

I would kill for hair that boring! :lol:

I remember that too! Oh, to be so bored............. 8) Please, bore me with stunningly beautiful wavy~curly hair all day long........... Where can I sign up for such boredom?

• PlayzwithfirePlayzwithfire Posts: 35Registered Users
    I am VERY dark brown naturally as well, some have said black, But I have dyed it so often and so much who the hell knows anymore lol
    But here is a picture I found.......mom didnt know how to tame my hair back then thats why she kept it short lol
    [img][/img]meinmyyellowroom.jpg
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    kimmyc wrote:

Yup, that's mine too. It's naturally light ash brown, but I dye it a darker, richer, chocolate brown.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    Names for human hair colors include:

brown, brunette, mahogany, chocolate, cinnamon, dark, chestnut
    jet black, raven, midnight, dark, sable, ebony, onyx, black, domino
    flaxen, fair, tow-headed, blonde, sandy blonde, dirty blonde, strawberry blonde, honey, golden, platinum blonde
    auburn, chestnut, red, fiery, redhead, russet, ginger, scarlet, cinnamon
    silver, salt and pepper, white, gray, alabaster, snow, platinum
  • esmeraldaesmeralda Posts: 187Registered Users
    Munequita has BEAUTIFUL curls!!
    I just did a search on her.
    So if I have the same color as she has, am I black,onyx, jet black?
    ( I am from South India)
    Whats the difference between those shades?

I am totally jealous of red hair, which I knowI will never have.
    With my dark skin, that is just too Lil"kim :lol:
    I like black hair, but you can hardly experiment with color.
    2C/3A,jetblack indian curls:)
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    I have dark brown hair (the last non-brushed pic in my fotki is cloest to my natural color)
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • Kgrl17Kgrl17 Posts: 137Registered Users
    I've always had blonde hair. When I was little it was almost white it was so blonde but now it is just a light blonde color. In most of the pics my hair is still wet so you can't really tell how light it is. I don't think I could get highlights or dye it though because of the heat styling
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I had white-blonde hair as a child, and it gradually darkened. It was still kind of a dark blonde when I was in my 30s, but now the natural color is a drab, ashy brown. The inner me is a blonde! So, I get highlights. I like brown hair, but not the shade I have.
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    Natural color? What's that? :shock:
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • LizaMarzLizaMarz Posts: 193Registered Users
    I picked brunette but it is light with some blondish-ness. it's not dyed or highlighted but it has many colors/shades in it. looks different depending on the light, my clothes, the weather, etc.... as do my eyes. so weird
    3A, started CG 9/8/06
    trader joe's nourish spa s&c, giovanni la natural gel
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    My natural color was a very white blonde when I was little that darkened into a very unflattering dishwater blonde with a slight red tint. I used to dye it blonde but found that red is much more flattering on me, so I now dye it Strawberry Blonde. It comes out much redder than blonde so it works well. Most people don't even know I dye regularly.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town