Moisturizing flat ironed hair

PetalPetal Registered Users Posts: 219
How do you do it without re-wetting your hair? I don't want to flat iron more than once a week, and if I put regular leave-in my hair will curl again. Is there a way you guys moisturize your hair without spraying it with water+ conditioner that won't curl the hair much?

Thanks!
3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.

Comments

• murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    Have you heard of the dry conditioner? its like dry shampoo but conditioner. I haven't used it yet, its at target. I'm not exactly sure what its supposed to do being dry and all, I imagine/hope condition.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • VainityVainity Registered Users Posts: 110
    I use plain coconut oil on the shaft of my hair when its straightened.
    Last Relaxer: May 8, 2008
    BC: May 27, 2009
    My Picasa Album
  • PetalPetal Registered Users Posts: 219
    Thanks for responding, ladies!

I haven't heard of dry conditioner, but I'll look it up, sounds like something I could try. Also, I do oil my hair once or twice a week, but I thought oil was a sealant, not a moisturizer per se. I'm not sure, though.

Thanks again.
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file