I wish there was a fine hair forum

sheilacurlsheilacurl Curl NeophytePosts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I wish everyone with fine hair could congregate in one area and the ones with coarse and medium hair could do the same. It would make talking about products a lot easier. The letters and numbers don't give any information about hair type except what the curls look like.
Upper Michigan Dews
3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
Detangler: KCKT
Leave-in: CJ Repair me
Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

Comments

• anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    Noticed in your siggie you said you were having trouble with build-up etc. An ACV has always done wonders for my hair and scalp. If you haven't already tried it, it might help.

Kind regards,
    sheilacurl wrote: »
    I wish everyone with fine hair could congregate in one area and the ones with coarse and medium hair could do the same. It would make talking about products a lot easier. The letters and numbers don't give any information about hair type except what the curls look like.
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi Gabi,
    Thanks for the info, I do the baking soda and acv about one a week, it helps with the itching, but I can still find the white stuff under my nails. I must be doing it wrong, cause everyone swears by it. Can you just rinse with the acv without doing the baking soda first? Thanks in advance!

Sheila
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

• anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    Have only used the ACV.

I sometimes do an ACV rinse on its own or I will shampoo with a Curl Junkie shampoo (Assurance or Theory) or the CURLS curlicious shampoo, then ACV and rinse with cool water. I do the ACV every couple of weeks.

I am in no way an expert on any of this stuff, can only say what I've learned from trial and error.

Generic mousses and gels give me build up and/or itchy scalp. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] gave me a severe itchy scalp apart from the havoc it wreaked on my hair. I know a LI is good for my scalp when there is no itch or build up within 24-48 hours.

After all that what I'm saying is: Perhaps there is a product, or combination thereof, that you need to cut out?
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    I think a fine hair forum is a fine idea (dumb pun intended.) Our hair has to be treated so much differently than coarse or even medium. I struggle with fragility above all other problems. I have the finest hair I have ever seen on a human being--like a newborn ebaby's hair. It takes no force at all to snap it like a dry twig--yes, even my virgin hair! I've never found any fine hair products that really help with regard to volume or thickening or strengthening. Still, it would be nice to have a place for fine-haired curlies to commiserate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file