Makeup Newbie....

briccagrlbriccagrl Registered Users Posts: 540
After almost 32 years of hardly wearing makeup and just recent starting...it is sad to say I dont know the first thing about wearing and applying makeup. My problem is my eyeliner looks great when I first apply it..but by the end of the day I have racoon eyes. I am currently using Revlon Colorstay and have tried CG Perfection Blend. Is it the eyeliner? Should I pick up a higher end eyeliner? Or could it be how I am applying my makeup? I currently put on a tinted moisturizer first..then apply eyeliner and mascara...then a little pressed powder and blush. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
.png

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    I don't know that much either. The problem might be the moisturizer. Perhaps after you apply the moisturizer you can put a bit of powder as a base so the liner stays put, which is also what you can do if your eyeshadow doesn't stay put. There are lots of make-up tutorials online. If adding powder doesn't help then I would think abotu a higher end liner. Just a warning, beauty products are just as addicting(if not moreso) than hair care products :twisted:
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i always do my eyes first.

Colorstay should *stay* - that's how it's designed.

do you have oily eye lids?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Registered Users Posts: 540
    Thanks girls for your suggestions :) ....I'll give em try.

Oily eyelids...hmm I guess they may be a little oily. Never thought of that. Is there anything different I could do if that were the problem?
    .png
    I don't know that much either. The problem might be the moisturizer. Perhaps after you apply the moisturizer you can put a bit of powder as a base so the liner stays put, which is also what you can do if your eyeshadow doesn't stay put. There are lots of make-up tutorials online. If adding powder doesn't help then I would think abotu a higher end liner. Just a warning, beauty products are just as addicting(if not moreso) than hair care products :twisted:

Internetchick if this is true Im in alot of trouble. My bathroom is already over run with hair products. Hubby is getting tired of tripping over bottles of condish :lol: Well the good thing is atleast makeup products are smaller :)
    .png
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    briccagrl wrote:
    Thanks girls for your suggestions :) ....I'll give em try.

Oily eyelids...hmm I guess they may be a little oily. Never thought of that. Is there anything different I could do if that were the problem?

Powder before liner.
    I'll try that....thats probably whats wrong...I usually put it on after. Thanks so much!!
    .png
    i have REALLY oily eyelids and use a MAC paint in a neutral colour (Bare Canvas) first.

then i put on my eyeliner, then put powder in a matching shade over that.
    My blog:

Thanks for your help Rou :D I'll try Internetchick's idea first. If that doesnt seem to help I'll look into some Mac products. Should I also look into Mac eyeliner? or do you think with the right base my eyeliner should stay put?
    .png
    with a base, mine stays.

Benefit's Lemon Aid is another good one.
    My blog:

rouquinne wrote:
    with a base, mine stays.

Benefit's Lemon Aid is another good one.

Which eyeliner do you use Rou??? Sorry to keep asking so many questions :?
    .png
    i use Bonne Bell pencils or MAC's Teddy kohl.

i put a matching powder shadow over my liner to set it.
    My blog:

Well for the past few days I have been doing my tinted moisturizer..then powder and then doing my eyes. This seems to be doing the trick for now. I think I am going to look into getting that MAC Paint...Im not super happy with the products Im using now so I think I may try it. Thankyou ladies for your help :D
    .png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file