CurlTalk

I have three sample sets left...

runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users
Samples went out yesterday, and I have three sets left. If you would like to be a guinea pig please PM me with your name and address. The first three volunteers get them. There is no charge; all I ask in return is honest and timely feedback.

Included in these sample sets: low-poo, repairing protein conditioner, deep moisture treatment, curling jelly, firm hold styling gel, emollience hair butter, and a hair & scalp oil. Since I have only these three sets left, I am not separating out items for testing...it's everything in the set.

You can see more information about the products at my fotki (link is in my signature). Go to my forums.

thanks!:glasses10:
FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    SO EXCITED!!!!! I can't wait to try mine!!!
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users
    gekko422 wrote: »
    SO EXCITED!!!!! I can't wait to try mine!!!

I just sent you a PM....

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    Responded!!
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users
    you are the best Runner!!! I cannot wait to try them. And OMG what if your products are HG's for a lot of us. I can hardly hold my excitement:blob7:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    They sound great and I can't wait to try them - I'll let you know how they work on my 4a hair!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    They sound great and I can't wait to try them - I'll let you know how they work on my 4a hair!

I'm really looking forward to hearing what you think. Remember, I'm open to making changes based on feedback so I'm prepared for the brutal truth!

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    If they don't contain castor oil, I'd be happy to try them. I rarely use poo, if that's a problem. (Only when I get my hair cut.) But I'll give feedback on the rest, quickly.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    you are the best Runner!!! I cannot wait to try them. And OMG what if your products are HG's for a lot of us. I can hardly hold my excitement:blob7:

I hope I have some HG's in here! I'll be honest, there is already one product I feel can be improved based on my own experience, but I am waiting to hear what everyone else thinks before I make any changes. I'm not going to say what it is or what I think because I don't want to skew anyone's opinion. I need totally unbiased feedback.

kathymack wrote: »
    If they don't contain castor oil, I'd be happy to try them. I rarely use poo, if that's a problem. (Only when I get my hair cut.) But I'll give feedback on the rest, quickly.

Send me a PM with your address. I don't have anymore full sets, but I'll send you a few things that I do have because I'm interested in your opinion.

Oh, and not a drop of castor oil in anything I make.

• goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    I don't have a fotki account, and to lazy to make one right now, but I just wanted to say that I think your ingredients look great Runner!

I mean really, the dangerous little amt that I know -- they really look unique and I can't wait to try them! I can tell that you put a lot of effort into researching ingred and their behavior.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    I got my samples in!!! :blob3: Of course I had to try them out right away. I left some feedback on your fotki. Great products :thumbleft:. I've used all but the hair oil. I used some of the cleansing cream again today, I'm really liking this...very gentle cleanser and it suds too. I used my FSG today and topped it with the Firm hold gel and I love it! It did work well also with the curling jelly, I just wanted to see how it worked with other products. The firm hold gel has just enough hold, I didn't have to use much and the crunch was easy to scrunch out. The curling jelly enhanced my curls and helped with clumping and worked better for me than DOC or AOMM. I had soft, shiney hair with no frizz...what more could I ask for? Thanks!!
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    curlykey wrote: »
    I got my samples in!!! :blob3: Of course I had to try them out right away. I left some feedback on your fotki. Great products :thumbleft:. I've used all but the hair oil. I used some of the cleansing cream again today, I'm really liking this...very gentle cleanser and it suds too. I used my FSG today and topped it with the Firm hold gel and I love it! It did work well also with the curling jelly, I just wanted to see how it worked with other products. The firm hold gel has just enough hold, I didn't have to use much and the crunch was easy to scrunch out. The curling jelly enhanced my curls and helped with clumping and worked better for me than DOC or AOMM. I had soft, shiney hair with no frizz...what more could I ask for? Thanks!!

Awesome! Thanks for posting!

curlykey wrote: »
    AWESOME review!!! can't wait to get my hands, I mean hair, on them;)
    Also, runner, do you want to start a feed back thread or do you want the feed back to go here of on the foki???
    I got my samples today TOO! I just had to run in here and post that I got them. I will definitely try them out tonight!
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
    I just got my mail and NO samples:protest:

I can't believe you didn't get yours! I actually put your package in the mailbox first (as I promised!).

Hmm, what would y'all prefer for feedback? Is it a pain to do it on my fotki? Would you rather do it here? I think my PM folder will overflow if we do it that way.:scratch:

I can't believe you didn't get yours! I actually put your package in the mailbox first (as I promised!).

Hmm, what would y'all prefer for feedback? Is it a pain to do it on my fotki? Would you rather do it here? I think my PM folder will overflow if we do it that way.:scratch:
    stupid mail:cwm10:
    I can do it on Fotki! I actually signed up for an account after whining about it on my last post lol.

Okay, let's do it on Fotki then. I have it set up so that anyone can post and respond to topics.

• AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    How Funny...I was JUST coming to post did you want us to post up the fotki or what??
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • dark_wavesdark_waves Posts: 611Registered Users
    goobernut wrote: »
    I got my samples today TOO! I just had to run in here and post that I got them. I will definitely try them out tonight!

+1

I'm trying them after my shower this morning (in 5 minutes :D)!
    FIA: 2b/cFii
    normal porosity
    still no products:( hey Runner... what do you have down for my address???
    I wrote a more detailed response to my day in the 'cooking up goo' thread.
  • peaches1975peaches1975 Posts: 211Registered Users
    Okay, let's do it on Fotki then. I have it set up so that anyone can post and respond to topics.

Got my package last night (AFTER I did my hair), so I'm going to try some today after my run.

Will give reports as soon as I have them!

For the curling jelly, gel, and things like that I have a question: as you know some products work better by using a lot of it (FSG, EcoStyler)...is there a general consensus of opinion yet on your stylers as far as using just a little, normal amount, or a lot of it for the desired effect? Just curious because I want to give accurate feedback.

Thanks again for letting me try them!
    2aFii, low porosity, :love4: protein!
    Color treated (blonde, but darned grays!)
    COwash: Suave, V05, Salon Care Honey Almond
    CO: GVPCB, LVNPG, GFTN, HSH Pumpkin, Aura Cherry Almond Bark
    DTs: Lustrasilk SM, GVPCB
    PTs: Aphogee 2-step, ION Effective Care inbetween
    LIs/Stylers: Any of my COs, FSG, EcoStyler Krystal, LOOC, shea butter to SOTC

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fpeaches1975%2F" class="Popup
  • curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    I found that the curling jelly is something I can use a lot of...like AOMM or DOC...(for me anyway) and a little (like BRHG) of the Firm Hold Gel....HTH.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    exactly what curlykey said. I use a ton of the curling jelly -- its light like AOMM (but a MUCH better curl enhancer) and the FHG I use a tiny blob of.

• peaches1975peaches1975 Posts: 211Registered Users
    Thanks y'all! From the sample sizes that makes sense. :thumbup:

I think I'm going to try most of these products one at a time with my HGs/known products so I can make a better judgement of them. If I used them all today (tempting though!), it would be too hard to tell what actually worked and why!
    2aFii, low porosity, :love4: protein!
    Color treated (blonde, but darned grays!)
    COwash: Suave, V05, Salon Care Honey Almond
    CO: GVPCB, LVNPG, GFTN, HSH Pumpkin, Aura Cherry Almond Bark
    DTs: Lustrasilk SM, GVPCB
    PTs: Aphogee 2-step, ION Effective Care inbetween
    LIs/Stylers: Any of my COs, FSG, EcoStyler Krystal, LOOC, shea butter to SOTC

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fpeaches1975%2F" class="Popup
    I think you'll like the protein treatment peaches! My hair is like yours -- I think it would be happy with a liquid protein shake every morning.

• E2eE2e Posts: 246Registered Users
    I think you'll like the protein treatment peaches! My hair is like yours -- I think it would be happy with a liquid protein shake every morning.

Goob,
    How much is too much protein? My hair loves it some protein..the treatments seem to last a few days before it goes limp. Maybe is should get some condish w/protein in it?
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
    Its too much when my hair gets rough and crunchy in the shower lol.

If your hair likes the PT's, then yea, definitely use a condish with protein. I use one every time I wash and my hair likes it.

• E2eE2e Posts: 246Registered Users
    Its too much when my hair gets rough and crunchy in the shower lol.

If your hair likes the PT's, then yea, definitely use a condish with protein. I use one every time I wash and my hair likes it.

Ok, i wanted to be sure. I"m still new to all this.
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.