Do you comb your hair?

mmarrerommarrero Registered Users Posts: 36
What do you do when you get out of the shower? How do you get your hair to lay the way you want it before you start scrunching?

Do you use a wide tooth comb?
Finger comb?

Thanks!

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Registered Users Posts: 705 Curl Neophyte
    I use a wide tooth comb while its wet and has conditioner in it, then finger comb to rearrange.
  • kaysarakaysara Registered Users Posts: 152
    I use a comb/pik in the shower after my hair has soaked in conditioner for a few minute but before I rinse it out. This is for detangling and setting a part.

I actually don't arrange my hair much other than the part before I scrunch and plop. I move individual curls around after I take it out of the plop so they're set before drying.
    3a/2c, medium texture, thick and dense, normal porosity/elasticity. Cone free since 5/1/09.

Low Poo: SheaM C&S
    Condish: GFS&SZero or SheaM WCR
    Stylers: UFDCM + LALSG
  • miralalunamiralaluna Registered Users Posts: 168
    If I comb my hair after wetting it, the curls turn to big kinky waves that are all stuck together, so no, no combs! Well, unless I'm just tying my hair back while it's dry.
    Fine texture (I think?!), normal porosity
    No 'poo since May 2007

Current products (used only as & when required!):
    - Naked Sensitive Scalp conditioner
    - Shikakai powder
    - Jojoba oil

My Fotki - pw: curlywhirly
  • MissGeminiMissGemini Registered Users Posts: 8
    Like the person who replied before me, I dont use any combs or brushes if I want to wear my hair wavy. If I do use a comb/brush my curls become a wavyish straight poof. Not a good look on me lol
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Registered Users Posts: 1,731 Curl Neophyte
    Yes I section and rake/comb in gel then comb downward into style, then scrunch standing up, then scrunch upside down.

When I tried just scrunching-in without combing I got the bad wig look, kind of crazy and disorderly but not in an attractive way. And I like gel, etc. to be more evenly distributed, can't seem to get it to work just scrunching in.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • Wicked_WavesWicked_Waves Registered Users Posts: 38
    Yes. I very (very!) lightly comb with a super wide-tooth plastic comb as the last step, to break up the waves and curls stuck together. I'm a doofus about scrunching out crunch and can never seem to do it well enough. The light combing gives my hair a nice softness I can't get with SOTC alone. After a few minutes to half an hour it starts to reclump anyway.

The next day I'll gently and thoroughly comb everything completely out before refreshing with a spray and diffusing again. Otherwise the bedhead knots would be ratty and hideous, since I'm a restless sleeper.

I'm a wavy, plus I don't really have big problems with frizz anyway. One of the benefits of the 2s. ;) I'm not sure if someone with a tighter curl pattern could get away with it.
    2b-3a/F/iii color-treated and diffused, mod CG since February '07
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I apply leave-in by finger combing it through. Then I blot with micro-fiber towel. Then I apply stying products. Then I finally comb through with a wide-tooth comb followed by scrunching.

Not that this works for me consistently. :angry8:
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file