Does anyone remember what implantation bleeding was like? (possibly TMI)

AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
I'm wondering if I'm experiencing it now. It's only our first cycle trying and I was expecting a longer wait because I am still nursing and I had issues with my LP being really short - it got better with vitamin B6 and I have been getting 10 days, which is what I had pre-kids, so we decided to start trying. I am 10 dpo today, and this afternoon, I had a little spotting. There was a brown spot the size of a fingertip when I used the bathroom, and then an hour or two later, what looked like some cervical mucus tinged with pink blood, and then the next time I peed, the TP was a little pink, but nothing is showing on a pad. I sometimes spot right before my period starts but the flow usually starts right after that the same day and it hasn't, as I expected. So now I don't know if my period is just being weird starting and starting a little earlier than I would like, or if this is implantation bleeding. I also have some cramping and soreness and faint nausea and non-bloody discharge and I do sort of feel like my period is coming (I was expecting it tomorrow.) I googled implantation bleeding and it apparently is the right time for it and of the same description. I chart on the computer and it's telling me spotting now is a sign of possible pregnancy - but I don't want to get my hopes up too soon. I was just wondering if anyone else remembers any implantation bleeding. How soon after that did you get a positive pregnancy test? (assuming my period doesn't start soon, I would be tempted to take one tomorrow but I only have two and don't want to waste them - they aren't cheap.)
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never had implantation bleeding, but every time I was pregnant, I always felt like I was just about to get my period...and it never showed up. I'm sure time will resolve your question. I'd use the test tomorrow.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck!!!!

And Dollarama is now carrying tests. A girlfriend of mine who's an OBGYN says they are all the same!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    Praying for you and excited at the same time. Definitely test.
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    I had implantation bleeding at 8-9 dpo, and I too had a short luteal phase and I remember thinking oh no, I'm not supposed to get my period yet. It usually came 10 dpo and I totally felt like it was coming, but it never did. I tested positive a few days later.

The bleeding I had sounds like what you're describing, it was spotting for me, not really bleeding. I thought it was the beginning of my period.

Since you know you're supposed to get your period tomorrow, you don't have long to wait to have your answer.

Good luck!
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If I remember correctly it takes about 2 days for your hcg to get high enough (after implantation) for a test to be accurate.
    Oh, and definitely get the dollar tests if you have them available.

I did have implantation, but I thought nothing of it since I wasn't expecting to be pregnant. Mine was just some pink tinged cm on the toilet paper when I wiped. I had that on the 22nd (or maybe 23rd) of Dec, but I didn't test until Jan 3rd (by which time I was very late).
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I had implantation bleeding. It was very minor (just a little smear of pink on the tp) and occured about a week after I'd ovulated. I had a little cramping, too, which was more of an indicator to me.

I hope you get the test result you want! Good luck!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never had implantation bleeding either, it was always like my period was goig to start; cramping, full on PMS, etc...but nothing ever happened. I never felt sickness or anything either. I jsut remember getting pissed off that I kept feeling like my period was coming and it wouldn't show up!

I do remember feeling the implantation with my son, though. It was a very sharp pin-prick like feeling with a cramp...lasted maybe two seconds, but woke me up from a deep sleep. I remember knowing exactly what it was, too.

My daughter, I remember my breasts feeling different. The only way I can describe it is that they felt more "alive." I remember e-mailing my husband and telling him I was pregnant, but I didn't get a positive test until 2 weeks (and many a test) later.

Good luck with your TTC!
    :rambo:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file