more problems... *sigh* will it ever just work?!!

curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
Right, well I decided to actually read through the hard water thread on general discussions and apparently it is quite an issue. Some people are talking about using clarifying shampoos. So here are my questions:

Firstly what is a clarifying shampoo?
How often should I use one?
Do I use it as I used to use my H&S or do I do the co-wash scalp-massaging thing, just with shampoo?
Anyone know of any I can find in the UK? (calling jennyfurrens again!)
Why is life so hard? Why can't I have straight hair?! :P

Thanks again guys!
UK curly, 2C/3A
CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    i don't know the right answers to your other questions, but a clarifying shampoo gets rid of products and buildup in the hair. i'm pretty sure you would use it like any other shampoo.
    3b-3c CG
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    curlyorwavy, have you tried doing an ACV rinse first, to see if that would help?
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
    What's an ACV rinse?

Also I just flicked through Curly Girl again and LM doesn't like clarifying shampoos...
    UK curly, 2C/3A
    CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    An Apple Cider Vinegar rinse (ACV rinse) is what many curlies use to 'clarify' or get a fresh start every so often. I do it about once a month, some do it once a week. It depends on the person, but I use about 1/4th cup of vinegar to 2 cups of warm water, shake it up, and then pour it along all your hair. I sometimes pour twice the whole amount in a big bowl and then bend over and let all of my hair sit in it for about a minute. It really helps to perk your curls up some. I usually do a DT afterwards. I don't co-wash in between, just the ACV rinse, then the DT. :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file