I miss the locations that were with our info

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I really miss the location that used to be in our photo/join date/post date section. It was helpful to know where someone was located when they raved/dissed a product.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,118Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'd forgotten that our locations used to be there, I liked it too, though more out of general nosiness, I must admit! I put mine in my sig.
    Wonder why they got rid of them?
    3b in South Australia.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah-I put mine in my siggie too. It was helpful when deciding if a product would work for me at a particular time of the year when someone else was having good results.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It also prevents confusion when someone is posting from a different country, as far as product availability and discussion of ingredients [since sometimes they are called different things in different places].

That's one feature I wish they would bring back.
  • kayaellekayaelle Posts: 301Registered Users
    xcptnl - You inspired me to add my location. Yay - another New England curly!
    Rhode Island - New England curly
    2c-3a/F/i (Fia), shoulder length, need it cut!
    Mod-CG since 10/09 - over 1 year!!

Cleanse: Suave condish, WF 365 lavender poo, soap, BS/ACV
    Leave in: KCKT, CJ CF
    Current winter stylers: CJ SG (HG!), AOMM, Boots, ALWAYS top w/ BRHG
    PT: AOGPB, Emergencee, CJ CF
    Diffuser dependent!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I miss that feature too, so I put mine in my sig line.

Like the others, I like knowing where someone is when they are using a product since climate and weather can make such a difference.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree. I also added my location.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    That would be a very helpful feature. I'll go ahead and add it to my siggie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I miss that too! I used to have mine in my sig, but it wasn't there when I just checked. Added it back! It does help, and it's fun to know where people are from. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    Jumping on the location train :) I think its a fantastic idea.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • cakj99cakj99 Posts: 575Registered Users
    goobernut wrote: »
    Jumping on the location train :) I think its a fantastic idea.

me too.
  • Chelle547Chelle547 Posts: 47Registered Users
    I miss it too, especially since I just moved to a totally different climate! I need to figure out the whole drier climate thing....although so far not too bad.
    3B/3A thick, medium texture, dark brown, waist length. Colorado Curly!! Denver area
  • JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm on board too! ;)
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Chelle547 wrote: »
    I miss it too, especially since I just moved to a totally different climate! I need to figure out the whole drier climate thing....although so far not too bad.
    It was really nice when I first moved here not dealing with all the humidity and the frizz caused by it, but the climate started to make my hair really dry over time and then it got frizzy again.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • Chelle547Chelle547 Posts: 47Registered Users
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chelle547 viewpost.gif I miss it too, especially since I just moved to a totally different climate! I need to figure out the whole drier climate thing....although so far not too bad.

It was really nice when I first moved here not dealing with all the humidity and the frizz caused by it, but the climate started to make my hair really dry over time and then it got frizzy again.
    I have only been here since October so what you are talking about is a concern. I will have to see how it goes.

crap! I did the quote thingy wrong. Oh well. How long have you lived here?
    3B/3A thick, medium texture, dark brown, waist length. Colorado Curly!! Denver area

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file