new to naturally curly please help.

playtonicbubbleplaytonicbubble Posts: 36Registered Users
I'm needing some help on my hair and whats the matter with it.

Until two years ago i never really new that my hair had the bouncy like curls. I let my hair grow out after cutting it really short for the summer and realized at how much volume and wildly curly it had gotten. And since it was so short i decided to let it grow out....and soo now that it has finally grown to the lengh that I want...I've noticed some problems.

For one my hairstylist said that Ihave Julia Roberts hair and that I should come here and look around.
My hair has been really curly for the past month and I'm very pleased with the results.. But I changed up my hair products and bought a diffuser thinking my curls would become more fuller and not dull like.

I started watching the youtube vids and took some of the tips.
for example
i stopped washing my hair everyday
cut out the shampoo
bought a diffuser
used a different moose
and stopped using my comb

And about 30 mins ago I took a shower to try the new tips i learned from youtube..

Well lets just say my curls have now turned into something of flat curls ....my hair now has nothing but flat curls and I think its from the diffuser since i used it last..

what can i do to my curls come back (on my crown too)?

also how come my hair on underneath is never curly?

what kind on products can i use?

also can you show me (maybe in a step to step) way I can style my type 3a hair?

(sorry for any missed spelled words in a mad rush)
Curl Pattern:2c/3aFii
Texture: medium
Porosity: low to medium in the winter
Density: medium
Elasticity: normal
Characteristics: flat top, no root curl, easily weighed down, protein sensitive
Hair ingredient likes: Honey,olive oil, deva low poo
Hair ingredient dislikes: coconut oil, wheat protein, hemp, henna, protein
Hair Twins: still seeking.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A good investment for you might be to buy Struttswife's (aka Tiffany) ebook. Her website also has a lot of information:

http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/

You can also get a lot of information reading the Newbies, read first forum. There are stickies at the top of a lot of the forums that have vital information for understanding what we're all talking about.

You need to determine the texture and porosity of your hair (book will be helpful) to give people more information to help you. Once you know your texture and porosity (more important then curl type) find someone with hair like yours and "stalk" them on the boards. Look at what products they use (most have it in their signatures) and what techniques they discuss.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zcurlygirlzcurlygirl Posts: 217Registered Users
    I second the e-book. It's very useful and informative.
    2c/3a/3b
    Co-Wash: TJ's Nourish
    Conditioner: 1/2 TJ's Nourish, 1/2 AO Honeysuckle Rose
    Leave-in: GDLI, CJ Curl Assurance
    Love: Pineappling, FSG and this website!
    CG Since Sept. 5th, 2009!!!:thumbup:

With the help of StruttsWife's E-book:
    Normal Porosity, Fine Texture (who would've thunk!), normal elasticity, and medium density.

PM me if you have suggestions for my hair (i.e. product, etc.), help would be very much appreciated!
  • mabbott09mabbott09 Posts: 76Registered Users
    I also would recommend struttswife's online ebook. On her website I discovered what looks to be a link to a blog with a really great guide for new cg's so I'm including the link: http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2008/12/style-definitions-table.html

if your really up to it you could always go to your local bookstore or amazons and purchase Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. Its written by the author that invented the curly girl routine. The book also helped inspire this site. Hope this helps :)

2c/3a/3b
    co wash: vo5 strawberrys and cream, suave naturals coconut
    cd: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]jessicurl too shea[/buylink]!, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-One-Condition-p-467.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-one-condition]devaCare One condition[/buylink]
    HG: AG Cosmetics curl activator
    3a/M/F/ii very porous highlighted. Loves lots and lots of Protein :D

Poo: DC NoPoo, DC lowpoo, KC come clean
    cowash:V05 moisture milks
    Condish: GVPCB, GF Triple Nutrition, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner,Elucence MB condish, TIGI O&H, MM
    Leave in- GF TN
    Stylers: fsg, re:coil, LALSG, G2B spike it, HE mousse
    My hair is loving Coconut oil and FSG!!!
    DT: CJCR, SSDD

On the hunt (again) for the perfect gel
    Looking to get Volume AND Shrinkage

HairTwin wanted:afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file