We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Home coloring-can I do it on CG?

curlyteachercurlyteacher Posts: 21Registered Users
I soo don't want to go back to my stylist (darn her and her blow dryer and round brush) for a color job, but I need to cover some gray, well a lot of gray actually. I have highlights right now but the gray is coming back and the highlights are not helping to blend the gray with the rest of my hair. I want to do a home color but I want to make sure this is ok to do while doing CG. I know I can use a CG conditioner but what kit do you other CG people use?
3a/ 2c- this week?!?!? On the quest for perfect curls and a HG ;)

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have used Revlon Colorsilk on CG. It's ammonia-free and cheap, and turned out pretty good. Next time I dye, I will use Garnier Nutrisse, as that was always my favorite dye before CG.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lots of CG curlies use RC's Color, but be careful to only do ACV rinses when you're due for a color or it could strip it.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file