I could use some support. I cut my little girls hair!

The big chop!!!! shes 8, and my mil put a perm in her hair when she was 5. so since i have been bringing my girls and my hair back to a more healthy state i swore i would never ever alow a perm anywhere near my daughters head agian!!
Her hair grows sooooo fast and she has mabey 3 inches of regrowth, i have been doing protien treatments and deep conditioning treatments consistantly to try to preserve and keep her hair healthy as it grows out. so last night i was doing a dt treatment on me and my girls hair and when i got to bri i was working the conditioner through (very gently) and her hair was shedding pretty bad and she was sooo fustrated with how long the process takes etc...
So i did it. i cut all the perm out! :hiding:
oh my gosh it was horrable at first she cryed i cryed
I told her how sorry i was for ever allowing her hair to be permed in the 1st place and then continuing it!! :oops:
so it went from past her soulders to about 3 inches long!!!!(i cut it to her sholders about a month ago,it was to the middle of her back) she has never had short hair. it has always been long so she was a complete shock!!
we sat down and i explained to her that i will never cut it that short agian and this time next year it will be longer than what it was (agian her hair grows super fast) and now that it is healthy it might even grow faster. its long enough for me to do braids, corn rolls (sp?) and pony tails. so it may be longer than 3 inches. Shes good now she even said she kinda likes it short. its just i feel like such a bad mom, im doing whats best for my girls now, its just there was quite a bit of damage from earlier years (permed hair) of my not knowing how to properly care for mine and thier curly hair. no sulfates exc.....
just needed to vent, thanks for listening.
Im taking her today to my friend who is a stylist just to tweek it and shape it up. she looks supper cute.. its just an adjustment!! :sad7:
Sombody please tell me im not horable!! :crybaby:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mostly 3a with a little 2c around the front and 3b mixed in the back,
Fine with normal to thick hair, with low porosity
low-poo~giovanni 50/50 (1 to 2 times a month)
co-wash~TJ Nourishing Spa cond (2 to 3 times weekly for scalp)
rinse-out~TJ Nourishing Spa cond
condish TJ Nourishing Spa cond
dt~ Aubreys White Camellia cond
style~Homemade FSG!!
:wav:

Comments

• crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    You're not a horrible mom!
    It's hair. It'll grow. Don't worry about it.
    My daughter (12yo) cut all hers off to donate to locks of love. She was super cute with short curly hair. She got so many compliments.... I'm sure your daughter will too. Hard to resists those curls.

Please post pics so we can see!
  • angel29ishangel29ish Registered Users Posts: 800
    It's not like you were doing it with nasty intentions. You are getting her hair to it's healthiest possible state. Just think about how beautiful her new curls will look as her hair grows, especially now that you have the knowledge to keep it healthy. It will be an adventure that you both can share. No, you're not a bad mom!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • nicolewoods1nicolewoods1 Registered Users Posts: 129
    thanks ladies,
    I took her and got it shaped up and yes i feel alot better!! :p im defiantly NOT a hair dresser so i had a big sigh of relief when it was over.
    She is supper cute!!
    I will post pics as soon as i can. prob tommorow.
    Thanks again..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mostly 3a with a little 2c around the front and 3b mixed in the back,
    Fine with normal to thick hair, with low porosity
    low-poo~giovanni 50/50 (1 to 2 times a month)
    co-wash~TJ Nourishing Spa cond (2 to 3 times weekly for scalp)
    rinse-out~TJ Nourishing Spa cond
    condish TJ Nourishing Spa cond
    dt~ Aubreys White Camellia cond
    style~Homemade FSG!!
    :wav:
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    My poor mum didn't have a clue what to do with my curls when I was little, so I think you're doing absolutely the right thing in wanting to do the best for your daughter. Kids hair seems to me to grow very quickly so I'm sure she'll be fine again in no time.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I just saw your other thread about your beautiful girls and their hair. Do not feel bad, you did the best thing for her, and she looks so cute! :) :flower:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file